Never, ever posted to a site before-Scarec silly

by PaintedToeNail 61 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome, congratulations on taking the first step and posting, it was very hard for me too.

A few years ago an elder friend of mine said to me ... "even if it weren't the Truth, I would still want to raise my children this way as it is the best way of life" .... I wasn't doubting at the time myself, so I agreed. These words haunt me now. I can't help but wonder, how can knowingly lying to your child be the best way to raise them? How can indoctrinating your children that giving up their freewill and following every word of the Governing Body as though it was coming from God is the best way to live?

You can teach your children good morals without the chains of The Watchower attached.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Even when I thought my life was okay as a JW, I was constantly troubled by the blood issue. I couldn't stand by silently and allow someone to die because of wrong interpretation of dietary restrictions supposedly instituted after a global flood that never happened.

• godrulz
    godrulz

cantleave: God does not delight in the death of the wicked. He grieves when His creation ruins itself and perishes in the lake of fire. There is no good reason for anyone to go to hell in light of the cross, but two everlasting destinies is as much reality as gravity is (deny it, but it is still applicable). God is loving AND holy. Do you really think Casey Anthony and Hitler should not experience temporal or eternal justice?

billy: the global Noahic flood is truth, but WT views on blood are not.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You have judged Casey Anthony? Interesting.

Anyway, don't let godrulz hell speak get to you in any way. He is still stuck in his own cult and sees you as vulnerable and easy prey. As you can see he is already passing out judgement on cases he doesn't have full knowledge about. I guess this means Casey Anthony's chances to be saved are null and void. BUT WAIT, what if she becomes born again? Then eternal justice will NOT await her. hmph. Flimsy argument.

NC

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

Welcome PTN.

Wow, you can really see the influence of the Cult still flowing thru your veins.

I made a decision to leave, and thankfully my wife came with me. Some of the sorriest men i knew were Elders and M.S, and believe me, the term sorry is too good for some of the bastards. On the other hand, some of the best men and women i know are friendships cultivated AFTER leaving "the truth". My only regret is i didn't leave sooner and get to know some of these people, and have them in my life sooner.

Not every man or woman that's "worldy" (God, that's a stupid term) are the vile, filthy, doomed to destruction folks that the Cult led you to believe.

• undercover
    undercover
    the global Noahic flood is truth

so as to not derail this thread:

http://www2.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/213394/1/the-global-Noahic-flood-is-truth

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome Painted. Glad you joined the group.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't do the vices you mentioned either. If you don't want to do them, don't do them! It's as simple as that. Ask yourself, if there is a creator(s), what would she/he/they want me to do with this "gift" of life? Be a good person, enjoy the gift, contribute to the well being of others/animals/the planet? Do that. If it/they/he/she decides to make himself known to us at some point, he'll be happy with what you've done with his gift.

You don't have to figure out where you stand on everything instantly. Most of us took years to do that. You don't have to replace a belief every time you shed one. It's a process.

Best wishes in your journey, wherever it takes you.

• flipper
    flipper

PAINTED TOE NAIL- WElcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. I understand what you are going through. I was born-in as a Witness from birth, exited the Witnesses 8 years ago at ahe 44 . I had doubts for years too but felt fearful of how my JW family would respond if I became inactive and stopped attending. It was a mixed bag . My JW parents respected my views and my stand, although my 2 adult daughters did not. I have a son 26 who stopped at age 18. We are very close.

You asked " What else is there ? " Well- I've learned that there is a wonderful , free thinking life to live and get this - I can still be morally clean and show love and kindness to people without answering to anybody in order to SHOW that love and kindness. I have a wonderful wife I met on E-harmony , been married 5 years - and life is great !

I understand your need to be cautious with a husband still believing in the WT dream. If you ever need to talk or just vent you've come to the right place. Many of us have been where you are at now. WE are always willing and ready to help if you have any questions or concerns. Please don't hesitate to ask , your freedom of thinking and happiness is our concern. Take care, hope to hear more from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Velour
    Velour

Hi and welcome =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit