Governing Body readying the Witness community

by Marvin Shilmer 55 Replies latest jw friends

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

You're welcome, Martin. Here's some more by the way.

Throughout your article there's a couple instances where you don't precede the organizational title, Watchtower, with "the."

Basically Watchtower’s current Governing Body is telling Jehovah’s Witnesses to stop asking and addressing questions to its world headquarters.

For decades Watchtower has received inquiries from the Witness community questioning important details of these teachings;

Watchtower’s doctrinal development generation is all but dead and gone.

I think in instances where you're speaking about a singular individual and actions associated with that individual, its ok to simply call them by their name. In this case, we're talking about an organization with a title, and "the" should be used in the absolute sense. TD will probably see this and correct me, but until then I think, "the" should precede Watchtower in the examples listed above.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Stop asking questions about Noah and a worldwide flooD!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Outlaw,

I love the image you tagged to Watchtower's latest plea for mercy.

On the other hand, I was very much disappointed you didn't find something creative to do with Watchtower scanvener-bus image!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/213237/1/Blood-doctrine-e28093-thrown-under-the-bus

Marvin Shilmer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Don't bother us (you faithless ones and "apostates") with your endless questions. That's all they're saying.
    They're not pretending to be less controlling......Minimus

The WBT$ is Trying to Control the Questioning..

They`ve Given Up on Answers..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZIWHDg75x5o/ThhbaXh7kfI/AAAAAAAAJeE/5y6cr_m0d_I/s320/7.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

No Room For George,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve made that usage as a matter of choice. One reason is to avoid confusion between “the Watchtower” and “The Watchtower”.

The usage I prefer is “Watchtower” except when I use “Watchtower organization” together, in which case I precede with the definite article.

I do appreciate these recommendations, and please keep them coming. Some usages on my blog are purely there because it’s my blog and I’ll cry over it or not if I want to.

Marvin Shilmer, who enjoys all sections of newspapers

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The procedure is that they encourage the friends to research Watchtower publications for guiding principles and then make up your own mind. If you make the wrong decision, a judicial committee is prepared to let you know that you didn't make up your own mind correctly.

They have to be careful about what they say, like they can't tell someone to leave or stay with their spouse. And they can't come out and name names on what dubs shouldn't do. They want you to "make up your own mind" according to the very strong "hints" and are prepared to punish any deviance. Check the elder's manual for all the stuff that's disfellowshipping offenses. They don't really want you to decide for yourself. It's still about Watchtower Corporation control.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

We can be satisfied that the Bible provides sufficient information to guide us through life but also omits enough details so as to require us to have strong faith in its divine Author.

So like god himself, the slave and its representative Governing Body has lovingly decided to 'omit enough details' - details that could possibly shipwreck our strong faith in their spirit-directed leadership. What a wonderful provision from jehovah! Yay!

• darthfader
    darthfader

Seems like their response gives them more plausible deniability...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I am with Billy on this one. What a sly way to tell you what to do, without actually telling you what to do.

Afterall, the whole 1975 fiasco was because of a few overzealous brothers...

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

It's like Billy said: "They encourage the friends to research Watchtower

publications for guiding principles and then make up your own mind."

Just a few years ago, their traveling representative's were sad that speaking at the doors have

become more difficult for the JW's. "You use to be able to have long doctrinal conversations with

the householders, now you have to teach them how to live first!" It sounds like the GB now wants

to be as tight lipped as a politician who has a legal background. They wont take the responsibility

to help people, but they want all of the privileges of anointment!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit