Governing Body readying the Witness community

by Marvin Shilmer 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Stop asking – Decide for yourself!

Today I uploaded a new article highlighting the method of choice by Watchtower’s current Governing Body for dealing with problematic details haunting its doctrines. Moving forward the current Governing Body will expand on this theme.

My article is titled Stop asking – Decide for yourself! and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/07/stop-asking-decide-for-yourself.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Very interesting. I always enjoy your blog, thanks for the great effort you put forth to make this imformation available.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Marvin, have you followed the threads started by new poster here Damn The Watchtower?

I think he would be interested in your comments...

• rocketman
    rocketman

You might want to re-read your blog post and correct the spelling errors.

• sir82
    sir82

That does sound like it could be a precursor to a significant change, at least in philosophy if not doctrine.

The odd thing is, it sounds like they are going to be come less controlling, after a century plus of increasing their control over their members.

I.e., if anybody writes in with any question they don't want to answer, they'll just send back essentially a form letter saying something like "See the 10/15/11 WT & make up your own mind".

It makes them sound schizophrenic - on the one hand, they're all "don't watch vampire movies, don't join facebook, don't go to college, don't have sex, don't go on so many vacations, don't don't don't...", yet on the other hand they say "We can't tell you what to do - figure it out for yourself".

Maybe the hardliners were all on a visit to the branch office in some exotic locale and the writing committee snuck that article in there.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Rocketman,

I appreciate the thought. If you have something specific in mind I'm all ears for whatever help you can offer.

What misspellings do you notice?

Marvin Shilmer

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Hey Martin, there is one error in particular I noticed, in this paragraph.

This is made worse again because birthers and shakers of these doctrines are effectively out of the picture and newbies are left with problematic details that are impossible to keep quite.

I think you meant, "quiet."

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

No Room For George,

Thanks!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Internet is Breaking the WBT$`s Back..

With Questions from JW Readers,the WBT$ doesn`t want to answer..

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001374551/bc217ebae9af31d2ac8ce97e95d0cb4e_xlarge.jpeg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Don't bother us (you faithless ones and "apostates") with your endless questions. That's all they're saying.

They're not pretending to be less controlling. (Look at what the Joseph drama's views of how ABSOLUTELY CONTROLLING the elders are and how that is simply supposed to be accepted).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit