Governing Body readying the Witness community

by Marvin Shilmer 55 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Watchtower appears stagnant because -- well -- it is stagnant. Put yourself in the shoes of the GB. In order to be creative, their writer zombies must say things differently. When they do that, they know what they say is under the microscope of an army of critics -- enemies and apostates as they like to call them.

Critics, since the early 90s have had the WT Library CD, which the GB probably regrets. This has become a two-edged sword, helping the more serious members of their flock research certain teachings as they prepare talks and arguments. However, the CD has hugely reinforced the army of critics as they can now quote verbatim snippets of now embarrassing and undeniable statements they've made in the past. This will never stop since the cow is now out of the barn.

Change something that's been written before (impossible to do) and critics will rightly view that as a contradiction. No sooner than critics hear it, critics will publish it, not only here but in the growing multitude of excellent Internet sites.

Change something, and they then must lean on their New Light alibi -- and that worn out catchphrase is not ringing true any longer with members who have a decent amount of gray matter.

Stagnant? YES SIREE, BOB! You can also call it paralysis.

Len

• steve2
    steve2

Advising the rank and file not to write in with their questions is NOT reducing the level of current control at all. It's a bit like parents who say in exasperation to their whiny children who keep asking "What do you want us to do that for?, "It's enough that we've told you to do it."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Marvin: thank you for broaching this topic. I still owe you twenty bucks, plus a decade of interest. I'm good for it now.

Metatron: your two posts are absolutely brilliant! Thank you, also. I've been trying to make contact with you for at least a dozen years, but you prefer to remain elusive and inscrutible.

That's ok, and I can come up with a lot of reasons why you are that way. You've been a player for a long, long time in internet terms, and I would like to take this post and thank you for all of your good work.

My observation: the WTS is on its deathbed and last legs and it is no different than Hitler was when a year before his War ended, he continued to make bad (idiotic) decisions about battle strategies and kept hoping the results would be different.

Farkel

• watson
    watson

Good God, I wish there was a "Like" button!

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's just time for re-invention. 1975 seems like the ancient past, and so will the whole 1914 debacle. The question is how much will the internet have an effect on them? Stay tuned.

The numbers of baptisms are staggeringly low. I can see a bunch of weirdo's in a basement believing that the fall of the watchtower society is TRULY a sign that this system of things will end.

• watson
    watson

If the Witnesses act like big enough idiots, they're sure to attract the scorn of the world's governments. Just in time for an asteroid to hit the earth....WE'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT US!!

• steve2
    steve2

So, does that mean I'll never find the answer to my burning question,

"Does Bible prophecy specify whether microhpones will be needed in the new system for the answers during the weekly Watchtower study?"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The new GB has all kinds of challenges, not the least of which is every Wednesday, when they have their weekly meetings, getting rid of that "WTF are we going to do now?" expression.

Some here think that JW's are on their last legs. No way. Until they sell all assets in NYC and finish their move to the hills, the dynamic WILL absoltely change. Unavoidable. Until that time, it will be difficult to predict direction of if/when their ultimate demise will happen. But they have a solid decade of slow decline, not 5 years until the implode.

I have a feeling that these new GB's are waiting and biding their time to introduce something new.

If I were to put myself in their shoes, this is how I would be, and how I am guessing they are.

First, they are cynical. They know EVERYTHING. Have all the notes and access. They KNOW that 1914 is a crock. This group just waited out the death of Jaracz and Barr, and now, no one is from the old GB that taught 3 different versions of generation, 1914, etc. They also know, deep down, that they are full of shit too, and that they have to pretend to one another that they are holy and spirit appointed.

I am sure they have discussed the "what's next" question.

What's next is what's happening. Moving out of NYC, and into the hills.

What happens after? I think they cut their losses. After the move, financially, they will do their best to calculate what another make over doctrinally will cost them in contributing believers, and decide accordingly.

That is what my gut tells me. They are taking the next 5 years to get ready to gut their own theological throats and reinvent JW's, but only after they have enough cash in the bank to pull it off.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Here is a sneak preview of the January 15th QFR:

From 5 year old Jebadiah (6th generation JW) ....

"Dear Governing Body and Watchtower writers,

My teacher told me that elephants have to expend 165 pounds of excrement a day (not including urine) and eat close to 300 pounds a day. She also told me that other large mammals are similar in their diet, for example, Rhinos, hippos, etc. With such a large amount of feeding and waste disposal needed on Noah's ark, how did they manage just that one aspect, with just 8 individuals, two of whom were super old? Most Zoos would fail and see many species die off if they even attempted to mimic this event with such a small staff."

NOW the GB can give the answer they have always wanted to ------ which is ......

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

QFR - did they have something like this on Noah's ark...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit