My Last Thread

by Maze 77 Replies latest forum announcements

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It seems my loyalty should be to God without the added complications of bad association.

Dont confuse worshipping God with belonging to a cult

• cantleave
  • metatron
    metatron

The Organization you serve so blindly is dying, everyday. What you see as an invunerable monolith, is a deepening, corrupt facade. Get real while you can and achieve peace of mind some other way.

Sincerely,

metatron

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Maybe she'll come back as AMAZED .

Having learnt the error of her ways and thus removing the blinkers and finally SEEing the truth....

Here's to hope eh.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

LOL

What is this? Good-bye thread #6 ?? #7 ???

You'll be back with yet another username, but you'll give yourself up right away, as usual.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My interest in posting here has deadened lately. This will likely be my last thread. Initially I participated here because I was interested in sharpening my perception against opposing points of view. Jehovah really doesn't recommend the use of channels such as this for such purposes.

I appreciate your honesty here. You are correct, JW's are discouraged from visiting sites where former JW's can share their experiences and what they have learned.

The reason the faithful and discreet slave made these statements is because apostates have constituted themselves as God's enemies with blood on their hands and false concepts ingrained in their hearts and thinking.

Like I mentioned to you on another thread, we already know that this is what JW's are taught to think. However, I think to simply say that you are wrong for believing this, even as the GB is wrong to teach it (and hide the lies, failed prophecies, and systematic mistreatment of their flock) would suffice.

I once again use this opportunity to remind all (former JW's, JW's, lurkers, etc) of a very simple and powerful point: Jehovah's Witnesses as a religious entity are a very marginalized fringe group. Yet, as the Doomsday cult that tried to predict the end of the world recently shows, JW's are hardly alone in thinking they are the only group who will survive a worldwide destruction at the hands of god. My life is so worthless to so many religions around the world that I am condemned to death in a majority of them. So really, JW's threat of death doesn't scare me at all.

This is why virtually no Jehovah's Witnesses participate on the largest network advertised as a discussion forum for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Very true. At the same time, you can't baptize between 2-300,000 a year, and only grow by 50,000 a year. The math doesn't add up. Most of us who participate on this forum realize that the majority who leave don't go on the internet, they just move on, as they should. The "world" as you call them, ("real/typical people" as I call them) doesn't pay attention to JW's because JW's are correctly viewed as an odd group at best, and at times a dangerous cult with the systematic protection of pedophiles and the incomprehensible stand on blood derived medicine as evidence.

As with other Christians, Jehovah's holy spirit gradually helped me to recover from some problems on the personal side.

I will take your word for it if you will take my word for it that leaving JW's helped me recover from most of my personal problems.

That's why I've never been swayed by any ideas from opposers. Jehovah will display compelling evidence for his existence to those that give him the opportunity. It seems my loyalty should be to God without the added complications of bad association.

Again, I disagree. Let's just review the very odd dichotemy that exists in the day of the life of a JW. JW's for over 100 years have produced literature that "exposes false religion." They go to the doors of people all over the world to help save them, because Jehovah is going to destroy false religion. (which is defined as all religions that aren't Jehovah's Witnesses) Yet, JW's aren't allowed to look at printed evidence that shows the very sordid history of Jehovah's Witnesses, from the crazy early prophecies and beliefs, the flip flopping of doctrinal tenants, and all they got wrong, to the sins of the leadership, esp Russell, Rutherford, and 2 GB members (Greenlees and Chitty) who were known pedophiles and homosexuals.

In short it is absolutely hypocritical to hide your own dirty laundry and forbid your flock from considering it while at the same time making it the backbone activity of your religion to air everyone else's dirty laundry in an effort to destroy a person's faith and try to get them to join JW's.

So for the few people who made it all the way through this, and for lurkers who are scared, don't be. Don't be mad. Don't be continually baited by JW's for the rest of your life. Heal and move on. We all know that Maze does represent how JW's think. Don't sweat it. They are wrong. It's just that simple.

Good bye Maze. Like the group you want to belong to, I won't miss you.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    The reason the faithful and discreet slave made these statements is because apostates have constituted themselves as God's enemies with blood on their hands and false concepts ingrained in their hearts and thinking.

Sounds like a perfect description of the GB of WTS

What a thoroughly entertaining announcement . . . I await with eager anticipation the next development

• snowbird
    snowbird

On October 6, 2010, I wrote the following on CoCo's Through a Darkened Pane thread.

I feel it is certainly apropos for this one.

People from all colors, stripes, and persuasions are treated with kindness and dignity. No one is made to feel worthless or undeserving, unless, unless that person persists in upholding the WT in its pernicious dealings.
    If said person doesn't reconsider after repeated admonition, then, as we used to say in the backwoods, "May the Good Lord have mercy on your sorry soul, because I can't and won't."

Syl

• Honesty
    Honesty

Are you leaving TOPIX, too?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Best wishes.

You're always welcome to come back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit