My Last Thread

by Maze 77 Replies latest forum announcements

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I was looking at buying a new car yesterday. It seemed ok and was comfy inside, but I told the salesman I wanted to read up on it and maybe find out what people who owned one, or had owned one thought of it.

He told me that on no account should I listen to anyone other than him, and that I especially should avoid listening to ex-owners, as they were liars and immoral.

How come if I buy that car I am an idiot, but if I 'buy' a religion with the same attitude, I would not be an idiot.

Notice how all you talk about is not subjecting yourself to alternate sources of information, nothing about that information being wrong.

Truth need not hide from searing scrutiny, and they that say it does lie.

Yes, it is hard, it is scary. You have reached the point where you know on some level you can retreat into the safety of what you know and ignore the uneasiness you now feel (this is your cognitive dissonance being pushed to its limits) or reboot your life and risk loosing all your friends and or family.

Be brave. Be strong. Don't carry on living a lie.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Abaddon?

Where have you been?

In jail?

JDW

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Maze; you're good for sharpening our swords.

If you will excuse me now; I have some mud to roll in and some vomit to go back to.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Your time is better spent in field service.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Oh no. Please don't go.

But seriously, stop equating the creator of the universe with some confused old men.

Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization

Really? I don't know how JWs can stomach this kind of idolatry. "God's organization" is a cult buzz phrase to incite an emotional response. God doesn't have an "organization" and never did. He has followers and worshipers, as does Jesus. Association with a group means nothing.

Here's are a few things "God's organization" has done, for when you're feeling like anything they do is sanctioned by God:

• Made a golden calf
    • Demanded human kings
    • Those kings (the human leaders of "God's organization") erected altars to false gods
    • Persecuted and killed God's prophets
    • Exchanged God's word for that of men (the human leaders of "God's organization")
    • Persecuted and killed Jesus (the human leaders of "God's organization")
    • Persecuted and killed apostles
    • Invented false doctrines (the human leaders of "God's organization")
    • Persecuted and killed those who refused to submit to the false doctrines

Please stop worshiping 7 old men in NY who don't care a whit for you and you'll never even meet. Your allegiance to them is misplaced, because they would gladly shove a knife in your back in the name of "unity".

For YOUR own sakes, hold off from the earthling man, whose breath is in his nostrils, for on what basis is he himself to be taken into account? - Isa 2:22
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

LoL, yeah...right...heard that before. Thanks for the laugh.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    The reason the faithful and discreet slave made these statements is because apostates have constituted themselves as God's enemies with blood on their hands and false concepts ingrained in their hearts and thinking.

Keep telling yourself. Make sure you go on thinking what you're told to. Don't run any risk of thinking for yourself.

Maze, people who think for themselves and disagree with the WT are not God's enemies. They're not disagreeing with God. They just see through the nonsense and dishonesty from the WT. They just think for themselves.

The WT is not God. God is Truth. Therefore, if the WT religion says it is the Truth, it lies.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Regarding them, the psalmist said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you?

We don't hate you Alice. We are your friends. Better friends than you will ever find at the KH.

We don't even hate your Jehovah. We just don't believe he/she/it exists.

Please get the point that, most of us don't consider that we have left Jehovah's Organisation because we don't believe that Jehovah or his Organisation exists, therefore, there is nothing to leave.

You are very welcome to re-invent yourself if you feel a need to disassociate yourself from your past, as others here have done, and come back as our friend and and debate with us and trash the threads that are problematic for the Watchtower with honesty and integrity and good scholarship.

My father is welcome to do the same. He made a complete ass of himself this week by denying your church's policy on dealing with ex-members in front of other members of your church that know what the rules are and know that your policy is published on your website. Even my own JW family members recognised that he was being dishonest and were embarrased by his behaviour.

I want him to be my friend too. He isn't. He is just a Watchtower bully whose concept of honesty has to include systematic denial of his own church's doctrines and policies when they are inconvenient.

I really hope you do come back .... but please put on a new personality that is more befitting a Christian/humanitarian.

Your friend (hopefully)

Chris

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Awesome quote Abbadon:

I was looking at buying a new car yesterday. It seemed ok and was comfy inside, but I told the salesman I wanted to read up on it and maybe find out what people who owned one, or had owned one thought of it.
    He told me that on no account should I listen to anyone other than him, and that I especially should avoid listening to ex-owners, as they were liars and immoral.
    How come if I buy that car I am an idiot, but if I 'buy' a religion with the same attitude, I would not be an idiot.
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

Spade disappeared and Maze appeared. Now Maze is leaving and I guess a new username is on the way.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit