My Last Thread

by Maze 77 Replies latest forum announcements

• Maze
    Maze

My interest in posting here has deadened lately. This will likely be my last thread. Initially I participated here because I was interested in sharpening my perception against opposing points of view. Jehovah really doesn't recommend the use of channels such as this for such purposes.

w93 10/1 p. 19 par. 15 “Search Through Me, O God”

Regarding them, the psalmist said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job 13:16; Romans 12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

The reason the faithful and discreet slave made these statements is because apostates have constituted themselves as God's enemies with blood on their hands and false concepts ingrained in their hearts and thinking.

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. Of how much more severe a punishment, do you think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? For we know him that said: “Vengeance is mine; I will recompense”; and again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God. Hebrews 10:26-31

This is why virtually no Jehovah's Witnesses participate on the largest network advertised as a discussion forum for Jehovah's Witnesses.

As with other Christians, Jehovah's holy spirit gradually helped me to recover from some problems on the personal side.

g96 12/8 p. 11 The Road to Recovery

John and Hiroshi took part in rehabilitation programs. Good diet and exercise strengthened their hearts, so that both resumed working. And they attributed their mental and emotional recovery to the sustaining power of God’s spirit.

That's why I've never been swayed by any ideas from opposers. Jehovah will display compelling evidence for his existence to those that give him the opportunity. It seems my loyalty should be to God without the added complications of bad association.

Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits. 1 Corinthians 15:33

So, then, because we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also put off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. Hebrews 12:1-2

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Reading your posts reminds me of the judging that goes on within the Org. Maybe one day you too will understand and appreciate how we feel.

Either way, follow your heart and do what makes you happy, stop hurting others by judging them, have peace.

• boyzone
  • Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

What Ohiocowboy said, well, almost;

follow your heart and do what makes you happy, stop hurting yourself by judging others, have peace.

Best wishes, Retro

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Don't let the door slam you in the ass on your way out. You lost your credibility as a spokesperson for Jehovah when you showed up here. Best wishes.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    ohiocowboy - Either way, follow your heart and do what makes you happy, stop hurting others by judging them, have peace

Hi Maze, Ditto what ohiocowboy wrote.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• still thinking
    still thinking

Good luck to you Maze...hope it works out for you....I'm sure that Gods spirit has helped you with your problems..of that I have no doubt. But I'm not sure you will find his spirit residing at the kingdom hall...God bless

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wish you well in your indevor to follow your dreams, what you REALLY want out of life.

If being a faithful JW makes you happy and gives you fulfillment, the you should do it.

Thank you for your contributions to our board.

You will be welcomed back with open arms anytime you wish to return for any reason.

No judging here, for God is the judge, not people.

Fare well

• inbetween
    inbetween

sorry about that, even though I did not agree with most of your statemants, I feel sometimes the need for apologists, otherwise things may get too onesided. Only by arguments and counterarguments, the truth can slowly appear between the opposing positions.

Maze, one thing though. Even if someone agrees with most main doctrines of JW, he must see, there is something seriously wrong in the Org. Otherwise he would just blind his eyes and ignore the obvious.

all the best, and who knows, you may return one day...

• yknot
    yknot

oh Rach....

Lets be realistic...... it isn't your last post, it probably is just the last post using 'Maze'.

Lots I wanna say to you and none of it negative......

So catch ya laters....

Huggles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit