Is there a correlation between personality type and leaving the WT?...

by Tuesday 68 Replies latest jw friends

• jay88
    jay88

Your Type is
    INFJ

IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %
  • anniegirl76
    anniegirl76

entf 1, 12, 75, 33....apparently I am an emotional thinker...big surprise there.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Your Type is ENFJ

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    78 12 38 56

Baptized at 17/ Offered to da but was df'd instead at 24 due to wanting to get away from an abusive jw husband.

• gutted
    gutted

Take these tests with a grain of salt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_test#Criticism_and_controversy

I've taken this test a few times for the lols, mostly I come up as an INTJ, sometimes as an INFJ. I am defintely an introvert. I think it takes introspection to see what is happening with the bullshit with the org and how it affects us mentally. Of course extraverts can be introspective, no one is 100% one way or the other, even as the tests show. Also I bet more introverts like the format of a forum like this as it allows for thinking/analysis and ability to go over your responses before you submit them so there will be more bias in introverts replying to this thread. Just a hunch.

I think the closest to a correlation between personality type and leaving is probably introspection.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ENFJ.

Fader.

Woke up when I realised it was B.S, prompted by the discovery that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607BCE.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Today I came out INTJ left after 1976. I realized the troof was a lie.

I was born in.

I'm not a real socialable person, I dont like hanging out with a buch of people that are full of shxt.

YOUR TYPE
    INTJ

Left tower at 31, I am 59 today

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

INTJ

born-in

left at age 32

reason: severe depression, just gave up and accepted that I was a failure as a JW

the depression got much better as I got more distance from the org.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Another INTJ here.....

It was doctrine that made me leave, not people... I could have put up with the petty elder-wars if I really believed that it was a true doctrine and we were really doing "The Lord's work"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I've taken the test several times in my life. I think this is the first time I've taken it ex-Dub.

I have always been an INTJ with a marginal "N" that was sometimes even in the single digits and the rest (I-TJ) solid numbers.

Took it again just now. Still INTJ. My "N" has bloomed to 56.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Your Type is
    INTP
    IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingPerceiving

You are:

• very expressed introvert
    • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    • moderately expressed thinking personality
    • moderately expressed perceiving personality

Born in, started fading at 32, stopped altogether at 33 (although I knew/suspected it was crap at 23).

Reason I definitely left: False/illogical doctrines.

Introverts seem to be strongly present among leavers. I guess that makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit