Is there a correlation between personality type and leaving the WT?...

by Tuesday 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

On facebook tonight there was a post asking to take a personality test, in posting the personality tests a trend started emerging that certain personality types seem to leave around the same time.

I came out as an INTJ which is Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

Which a good paragraph describing it was:
    INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

So as an exercise I thought I'd post this question here, could you please respond with your:

Personality type: (test can be found here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp )

Age You Left:

Brief Reason why you left:

For me

Personality type: INTJ

Age I left: 20

Brief Reason Why I left: Couldn't distinguish between serving for selfish reasons vs. unselfish reasons and couldn't hold myself to a double standard of holding other religions responsible for things I let JWs off the hook for.

This could prove very interesting the more people who respond to this

• White Dove
    White Dove

Just took it and scored ENFJ: Extraverted 22, Intuitive 62, Feeling 12, Judging 22.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

INTJ

I ran out of creative ways of honestly dealing with WT discrepancies and inconsistencies, this coupled with the desire on the part of the elders to "get at my 'rebellious wife'" meant that had I stayed, I'd have ended up in jail after beating these elders into unconsciousness.

I "saw the calamity" and "took my leave". (I was an elder when we left never to return)

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm INTJ.

There was a thread here once where posters took the test. Very high number of X-JW's here were INTJ's.

Think About It

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I should probably add in here how long were you a witness, I was born in and it took until 20 to leave but I started wanting to leave around 16. I'm wondering if gubberningbody became a JW later in life.

• tec
    tec

INFJ

Introverted 56

Intuitive 25

Feeling 25

Judging 33

I studied for two years, before deciding to join, and then within two weeks of that decision, I recanted and ended my study to study on my own.

Tammy

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't think there is a correlation in personality type. I think there is a correlation between types of personalities who find themselves on the fringe of society to one degree or another. I think social location matters more then personality type, and social mobility is more of a key to making a decision to leave then personality.

After all, a stubborn person who becomes a stubborn JW make great JW elders. They are aka as 'extroverted @$$holes'. JW's take all types, all types can stay, and all types have left.

• mummatron
    mummatron

INFP

Born-in, left at 19, DA'd officially at 21.

Left due to hypocrisy, serious doubts on doctrine.

• brandycox
    brandycox

INTJ

Born in, left at 16 DFd at 18.

Left because at 15 I started reading...really reading and it didnt make sense. Couldnt dedicate my life to a religon that couldnt or wouldnt answer my questions to my satifaction.

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

INTP

Age I left: Just faded away at 32

Reason: False teachings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit