Is there a correlation between personality type and leaving the WT?...

by Tuesday 68 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Couldn't it be that the high number of introverts showing up is due to the fact that these like to interact on computers? Couldn't it be that lots of extrovert ex-JWs are around, but they are doing other things with their lives than post on DBs? IOW, there are a lot of introverts participating here but it says nothing about the personality type(s) that predominantly leave the WTS/JWs.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

You have a good point Ann, I don't think the Introvert part is really the biggest motivator, I think it's the iNtuitive and Judgement portion but I really think a larger sample is needed.

Does anyone have a Survey Monkey account that they might be able to post a couple surveys.

I'd really like to get some data on those who left vs. those still in. Maybe the folks here can collaborate on what the questions should be. Hopefully this wouldn't turn out disasterous like the last time I tried to do a survey that ended up with everyone giving multiple answers for multiple questions to the point nothing could be tracked. Or just making up their own answers.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Forget about the survey. I've designed several and they're notoriously succeptible to the designer's bias. This thread is survey enough.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was thinking a pretty simple one for ex-JWs, basically what their personality type is. Were they raised in, converted, etc. When did they leave, were they disfellowshipped, disassociated or walked away, whether they were baptized or not and the reason they left. So really just a few questions to see if there is some sort of correllation. Maybe a question on whether they had doubts about their faith and if so how long.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If you can be honest enough with yourself to identify what it is you are trying to prove, you will be able to identify the bias in any survey you would design. Your OP is perfect insofar as it is not leading in its question. What is your personality type (per MBTI) and why did you leave? Simple and open. No agenda. So far, you seem to have identified a personality type that doesn't take things for granted. Perhaps you need only wait and see where this goes.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I think it would be easier to plot graphically if there were set choices, even if it was something like "On a scale of 1 to 10 how important was the doctrine being right in your decision to leave?" Something to that effect. I really just want to see if there's some sort of correlation because I'm interested to see the results. I don't really have any agenda except curiosity.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It's your thread.

• kazar
    kazar

INFP

converted and baptized into JW's then df'd after many years.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Age You Left: 17

Type: ENFJ

Brief Reason why you left: Became unable to handle the cognitive dissonance in early teen years; 1975 did it (when they started telling me that they'd never predicted Armageddon and I had sat through meetings where they did, that was the end of it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit