How should I respond to a JW friend? (Australia)

by summerinvincible 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Blindnomore, it's just pages from the Proclaimers book that don't back up her claim.

She is using the typical JW responce of conveniently forgetting to answer the question. I doubt she knows JW doctrine & history very well and now she doesn't want to engage her brain to try and explain herself, because it would mean acknowledging that to herself.

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

Hi Black Sheep,

I have received some printouts from my friend in answer to the 607 BC issue

I think they are just printouts from the Proclaimers book -

the references are:

w11 10/1 pp.26-31 When was ancient Jerusalem destroyed? - Part One

w11 11/1 pp.22-28 When was ancient Jersusalem destroyed? - Part Two

Hope you have a copy of these - if not I will scan them for you.

I will also send a PM and email.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

If they weren't promised "Everlasting Life" would they still be a JW?..

It's always a selfish reason why they are one..very few would answer truthfull if you said " Would you still be a JW if you were making it possible for your enemy to live forever but not you or your family?

Snoozy....

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

Hi Black Sheep,

Just letting you know I have sent you an email with my latest draft response to check before I send it off. No rush - just checking in to let you know what's happening.

Summerinvincible :)

• *lost*
    *lost*

this thread is great. I am learning so much on how to handle things. Everything that is being said is so true, makes everything very clear.... now we on the outside looking in, and because we have been there we know exactly what is going on.

It's great to be able to see it all unfolding - cos that is waking up means. Your senses, vision everything, you become awake.

You go from fumbling around in darkness 'spiritual' to gradually finding your way toward the light, again 'spiritual' light.

They think they are in that place, they don't make the conectiono, no it's the wrong way go back. Their 'faithful honest guide' is leading them down the wrong path.

As cant leave said ..... the message is mostly right. it's the organisation who is wrong.

If she has to keep thinking, and processing and problem solving mentally, making her brain and thoughts 'WORK' then thinking, a light bulb moment may happen and finally it clicks into place. Like the 'jigsaw'

i was told once, drawing people in is a gradual process. Like if you want to take a light pice of wood and stain it dark. you have to keep applying those layers, keep building up the depth of the stain.

it's become ingrained in every fibre of their being. Like a poison.

please let us know how it's going

lost

(newly awakened, still believe in God though x)

• mP
    mP

Let her wait for the Royal COmmission when the WTS will be included along with the RCC. Must be grand to be included with such fine company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit