How should I respond to a JW friend? (Australia)

by summerinvincible 115 Replies latest jw friends

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

Hi everyone

Chris - I sent you a PM just in case you don't read this here.

Just wanted to let you know that I recently sent a letter to my friend with all the info you gave me
    (edited to sound more like me)... It has been a hectic few months so unfortunately it took me that long to get around to it.

Will let you all know if/when I receive a response.

• zagor
    zagor

Over the years I've tried all sorts of differnt methods.. the only method that works is - dont try, they'll latch onto anything you say to get conversation going. Just tell them, thank you but no thank you, right off the bat. Believe me it works and don't worry about their feelings, I'm sure they don't even consider yours when wasting your time

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi summerinvincible.

I had been wondering if you had heard from her just a couple of days ago.

Have you heard from her since last time?

I'll PM you an email addy. If you send me a copy of the content of the email, I'll have a look at it in case we need to do some damage control. Jws don't usually take too well to a bundle of info being shown to them.

Wishing you all the best for the new year.

Cheers

Chris

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

Great, thanks Chris. Have just sent you an email - hope you got it ok.

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

Hi Chris (Black Sheep)

I have sent you a PM.

I just received a 5 page printed reply from my friend, telling me why getting things wrong is perfectly fine, and that the Catholic Church has bad fruit, but not the JWs.

She also sent a copy of The Watchtower magazine February 1, 2012: "Armageddon - What is it? When will it come?' On page 25, it mentions Harold Camping and how he got it wrong :)

Feel free to email me if you prefer. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Update

The reply to summerinvincible didn't answer a single question that was asked and only answered questions that were not asked.

The good news is that she is still corresponding.

Chris

• summerinvincible
    summerinvincible

I have just written a response to her last reply (yes, it took 2 months unfortunately!)

Have sent to Black Sheep for approval :)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Perhaps you could get your friend to think about what the Bible actually says compared to what JWs say about 607.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Got it

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Wow! Thank you for all the valuble informations posted on this thread. I am more equipped in preaching to doubting JWs now.

Summer, would you care to posting here of your recent corespondance with your JW friend? Black Sheep,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit