So..... are you apostates enjoying your mansions and private jets?

by Mr. Falcon 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Nope.

But then again, I don't consider myself apostate.

JDW

• watersprout
    watersprout

Well I am a really sucky apostate! I have no jet or mansion! *Sigh*

Peace

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mr. Falcon:

I always wondered why there was a little resentment when I (a "fader") visited the hall on the Memorial and for a special talk here and there. Of course I was dressed nice. Should I wear a poor, torn sweater so that they will think I am a good christian?? How stupid. Well, my theory is that they are simply jealous and begrudge anybody (in or out of the religion) who looks like they are doing okay. You don't have to be a millionaire with a mansion and a jet. Just be well-dressed and walk into a hall where you are considered "inactive". They are annoyed that you aren't starving.

If the logic of that brother who told you this is true, then what about the mentality among some JWs that if somebody is doing well financially then they must be blessed?

You can't be blessed and be an apostate at the same time, can you?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm poor as sh*t. When do I get my mansion?

-Sab

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

undercover - Are you driving car-boat in that picture? BADASS.

unshackled - I'm happy(jealous) for you. But really, even if you're not materially wealthy, what kind of price can you put on not having to knock on people's doors or go to an assembly?

Dread - I personally hate the word "apostate". Maybe some here are proud of it and that's fine. If they went through hell to get where they are at an now embrace that term, well, they earned it and I respect that. Being that I'm still stuck in, I guess I just hate the term since JWs say it so venomously. I prefer "independant thinker".

watersprout - So you're not Boardwalk? You're actually Baltic Avenue? This means that what the elder said is incorrect......?

LongHair Gal - That's a very interesting point. JWs give talks that are literally entitled, "Material Prosperity isn't Evidence of God's Blessing" yet turn around and publish "experiences" of people quitting their jobs to go to the assembly and then miracously getting offered a better job with MORE pay.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I'm poor as sh*t. When do I get my mansion?

I'm in the same trench as you, homey. Believe that. Hope this cheers you up, Sab.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

No mansions or private jets, but I do live in a $95K home, truck paid off, 8-5 job hours, weekends free, and no credit car debt.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

yo Nomad, me and Sab need to borrow some money.

• ziddina
    ziddina

No mansions or jets...

I'm in the market for an earth-insulated home and an electric car - or better yet, a SOLAR-powered electric car!!

Since "Jehovah" doesn't exist and ISN'T going to "save the planet", then I figure I'd better get cracking and do something about it...

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I just saved 15% on my car insurance. Does that count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit