A few Dawkins quotes to think about.

by AK - Jeff 328 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Can we conclude that many atheists are good neighbors?

Sometimes better than believers, that's for sure.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Can we conclude that many atheists are good neighbors?

Which is exactly my point when I say God works through atheism. Have you ever seen 30 days by Morgan Spurlock? He did an atheist/christian episode that was profound.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

You know of a place safer than Earth for us?

No but you know that isn't the point. I think this thread has hit the buffers of special pleading and obfuscation.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sabastious: Please forgive me, but at this point, I must ask that you define, "God".

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sabastious: Please forgive me, but at this point, I must ask that you define, "God".

For us it's the perceivable Force of Love and most likely more complicated than I even know or can know. Love has been demonstrated by history and in scanarios playing out as we speak to be capable of solving any problem created by conscious thought or free will.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Can you briefly define what you mean by love Sab?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    No but you know that isn't the point. I think this thread has hit the buffers of special pleading and obfuscation.

Logically, it's always possible that your positions are evoking obfuscation, but no need to go there right?

-Sab

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

God is ineffable. It is easier to say what God is not than to say what God is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophatic_theology

However, it might be easiest to describe it as the source of all other things.

• cofty
    cofty

it's always possible that your positions are evoking obfuscation

How can a position evoke obfuscation FFS?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Can you briefly define what you mean by love Sab?

Love is having faith in that being selfless will "work out" in the end even if it means pain, death or both. The African Dog Packs love each other as they give something of themselves to help out an injured pack mate.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit