A few Dawkins quotes to think about.

by AK - Jeff 328 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Are you familiar with the Zager and Evans one-hit-wonder?

I am not.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We can't come up with conclusions like "there is no God" because of the data. It is highly unscientific.

Which is why scientists don't do that.

Surely the data supports a "chosen ape" to be granted the gift of higher intelligence.

What do you mean by "chosen"?

100% gradual = order

That doesn't make sense. Can you explain?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am currently reading the God Dislusion. Very very interesting.

• d
    d

Everyone should read the God Delusion.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Considering the many misconceptions on this thread about how evolution actually works...everyone should also read The Greatest Show on Earth.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I am not.

look it up. 1970's existentialism.

Considering the many misconceptions on this thread about how evolution actually works...everyone should also read The Greatest Show on Earth.

I second that, but only if you are ready for it.

Everyone should read the God Delusion.

I second that, too. See previous comment.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You are right, Nick, not all are ready for it.

On a different note: I am currently listening to the audio version of Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. I don't know if it was the time period, the translation, or my background, but about half of it goes right past me on the first listen.

Jeff

• wobble
    wobble

A poster on another thread tried to infer that Nietzche's eventual decline into madness was caused by his rejection of the christian god !

I concur that Dawkins stuff is a must read, "The Greatest Show on Earth " makes Evolution science so accessable, even to thick old me.

Richard demolishes a lot of the creationist/believer false arguments in it too.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a lot of pages here, hope to start from the beginning soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit