Could Christians please respond; Is there a penalty for rejecting Jesus?

by nicolaou 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I am not making false prophecies, but am teaching the truth about the Gospel, the power of God.

You are a false prophet in a fundamental religious cult and teach no more truth than the WT does.

Think About It

• cofty
    cofty

Anyone who "decidedly" rejects God and His Christ will join the Devil, the Beast, the False Prophet, Death, and Hell in the Lake of Fire.

I was an born-again for 9 years after the borg. I "got it", I adored Jesus and loved every minute of prayer and praise. I understood my sin put Jesus on the cross and he suffered for my forgiveness. I did not have a religion I had a personal and intense and real relationship with a triune God through Jesus.

I am now convinced it is all nonsense. Worse than that it is divisive, elitist, dangerous nonsense. As PZ said in his blog Phayngula today;

"it's all about elitism and the most extreme threats imaginable to anyone who does not support these self-appointed masters of dogma. Again, there's no reason to believe anyof it, other than that people have absorbed the propaganda for the whole of their lifetime."

If it turns out that I am wrong and god would condemn me for valuing reason above feelings and for rejecting belief in his appalling book, then frankly he can go to hell for he is not worthy of praise.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You're so much above this.

Apparently God is not, though. He's not bound by human frailties, like being nice.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The problem is with the heart and mind of cofty, not the truth of God.

There is also a difference between worshipping Jesus as God or denying Him and reducing Him to a mere angel, think about it. Just because one view is wrong does not mean both views are wrong. Just because there are cults does not mean there is not biblical Christianity that honors/pleases God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're so much above this.
    Apparently God is not, though. He's not bound by human frailties, like being nice.

Context, Entirely.

You know full well the above quote was in response to the puerile "God's being bullied as a child" remark.

Syl

• unshackled
    unshackled

Still don't see any penalty for rejecting Jesus.

But there apparently is a penalty for accepting him: you become a slave to defending him, as well as pushing him on others.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If it turns out that I am wrong and god would condemn me for valuing reason above feelings and for rejecting belief in his appalling book, then frankly he can go to hell for he is not worthy of praise.

The subject is rejecting Jesus, and by extension, God.

Syl

• godrulz
    godrulz

The penalty for rejecting Jesus is the wages of sin, death (physical, spiritual, eternal). Rom. 3:23; Rom. 6:23; Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36. The benefit of receiving vs rejecting Jesus is abundant/eternal life.

• cofty
    cofty

The problem is with the heart and mind of cofty, not the truth of God.

No my heart and mind have never been healthier thanks.

The issue is a total lack of objective evidence for god. If Jesus existed at all he was just a man who said some interesting things and some dumb things as well

• godrulz
    godrulz

What dumb things did Jesus say?! If you think that a watch or clock is evidence for a designer/creator (men), why do you think the complexity of humans, creation, universe is not a drop of evidence for an intelligent, supernatural Creator?! Most atheists do not deny the historicity of Christ. If you think Plato existed, you should not doubt that Jesus did. The Bible is historical narrative, not fairy tale. Jesus claimed to be God. If He is not Lord, you must show that the evidence fits legend, liar, lunatic. You were lost as a JW, but are now even more lost as an atheist/agnostic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit