Could Christians please respond; Is there a penalty for rejecting Jesus?

by nicolaou 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watersprout
    watersprout

I have a question...

Atheism is a state of mind that doesn't believe there's a God.. Am i right??

Would you as an athiest reject God and His Son if they appeared in front of you and told you they loved you??

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh dear! I killed it.... Sorry

Peace

• mouthy
    mouthy

DanaBugThanks for your comment....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

nic

The penalty is for sin. Jesus has payed mine. You may want him to pay your penalty, or you can try to pay it yourself.

• tec
    tec

First, no one can tell you what your fate is, except Christ or God. We are not your judges. Second... what are you rejecting? The existence of Christ? Or everything he stood for, died for, lived for, loved for?

Christ is the Life. Such as in the life (spiritual) that the anointed have with Him. If you reject Him, then I don't know how you can have that anointing or brotherhood with Him. But perhaps you're just rejecting the idea of his existence, and not everything that His Name stood for? In that case, He will still grant you life (spiritual), if you are one of the sheep invited into the Kingdom for having kindness toward his brothers. (anyone who gives a glass of cold water to one of these little ones who belong to me, he will not lose his reward). And also perhaps also for having the law of love written on your heart and conscience, such as the gentiles who Paul spoke about.

Anyway, just my thoughts. They're no better or worse than anyone else's. As Watersprout said earlier, bring your questions to the source.

Peace,

Tammy

• godrulz
    godrulz

Men may suppress truth about God and spiritual reality, but they are without excuse according to Romans 1. It is a lie of Satan that there is no God, no hell, etc. The gospel shows that we are universally condemned as lawless, rebels, sinners, selfish, disobedient, etc. We all need a sinless Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to have right relationship with God. Apart from Him, we are at enmity with God.

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, THY will be done, and those to whom God reluctantly says, thy will be done. Those who reject the perfect provision in Christ will be separated for eternity from His presence. The WT is wrong to say that annihilation will be their fate. Rob Bell is wrong to make people think that all will be saved in the end (universalism). You will not be having a big dirt nap like a dead dog. You will be conscious, tormented day and night forever and ever. You can diss God and the Bible, but this is what He/it says, believe it or not. You can deny gravity, but it still applies to you if you jump off a building. You can deny spiritual laws, but you will still stand before a holy God and give account. Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36; Rom. 1; Rev. 20; I Jn. 5:11-13 is clear. Trust Christ and live (eternal life) or reject Him and perish (hell at death; lake of fire after Great White Throne judgment after millennium when resurrected). There is no escaping our appointment at the judgment seat of God. You can stand alone and be crushed by your rebellion or you can stand clothed in the righteousness of Christ. This is truth/reality, like it or not. There is no good reason to go to hell in light of His great love, mercy, grace in Christ/cross.

• designs
    designs

godrulz- Have you been channeling Brother Camping again you naughty boy

• godrulz
    godrulz

Camping is right about faith vs unbelief in Christ. He is wrong about the Dating Game. I am not making false prophecies, but am teaching the truth about the Gospel, the power of God.

Too many underestimate the holiness and justice of God, and presume upon His grace and mercy and love. Too many overestimate the goodness of man and fail to see God's standard of perfection that we all fall short of. The Law of God based on His character condemns us. Only trusting His provision in the God-Man, Christ, risen from the dead, can save us. It is by grace through faith, not by works. Since it is a reciprocal love relationship, He does not force salvation on us, but persuades, woos, influences. Say yes to God and be saved or say no to Him and perish. Turn or burn, to be blunt.

In Acts, God commands all men everywhere to repent and believe, a Christocentric message. If there was another way, God would have told us so and would not have died for us. You must be born again is a command/imperative/ultimate, not a suggestion. There are consequences for rejecting God and His provision. The Moral Governor of the universe knows the facts, so who are we to question in arrogant pride? God has a right to rule our lives, a right based on His value that obligates. He alone is worthy of worship and our lives. He alone should be glorified. We are created to know, love, serve Him. Anything short of this leaves us victims of the Fall and our own selfish sin.

• designs
    designs

You know Jack Benny probably had guys in the audience who could't figure out his jokes.............

• godrulz
    godrulz

This is not a joke, but life or death. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. The passion of the Christ shows God's great love and our great evil (sin). As to jokes (funny haha), I am slow on the uptake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit