Could Christians please respond; Is there a penalty for rejecting Jesus?

by nicolaou 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

If God will through people in hell for not believing in him, when people disbelieve for legitimate reasons, then God is not benevolent. That's pretty bad conditional love

Agreed.

I believe the topic is about rejection.

Syl

• prophecor
    prophecor

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three.

Of how much more severe a punishment, do YOU think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

For we know him that said: "Vengeance is mine; I will recompense"; and again: "Jehovah will judge his people." It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God.

Hebrews 10:28-31

To count the sacrifice of Christ's shed blood as of no value seems a pretty harsh judgement to bring upon one's own self.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That's just it though...to practise sin willfully is have received full knowledge of the truth and still sin, on purpose, BUT who is to judge that we have recived full and true knowledge of the truth?

Only Chrits can judge and He will.

Can a person who has turned their back on Christ because of the damage done by the WT be judged as sinful since his knowledge of the truth is so blinded and perverted BY the WT ?

That is why Christ said that there is no forgiveness for the person that blasphemies against the HS because ONLY the HS reveals the TRUE God and Christ to Us, no one and nothing else can.

A person who is an athiest in truth and honesty ( doesn't not believe in God because the HS has not come to him/her) is one thing, a person that has had the HS coem to them AND rejected the HS, well...we all lie in the beds we make.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Firstly those verses were taken from the OT... The OT that the Jews wrote.... The OT to scare their enemies with a ''fearful'' God.

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth

To reject something, don't you first have to accept it?? To reject Christ you would have to come to ''KNOW'' Him... And by knowing Him, having a relationship with Him... The Christ I have come to know is loving, merciful, full of grace... A wonderful, wonderful spirit being. Certainly not someone I would reject.

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Sorry PSac i repeated what you said. You posted as i was writing. lol

Peace

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    The Christ I have come to know is loving, merciful, full of grace... A wonderful, wonderful spirit being. Certainly not someone I would reject.

That describes me accurately in a past life, one that ended about a decade ago. So c'mon watersprout, PSac - be blunt.

What's my fate?

• watersprout
    watersprout
    What's my fate?

I have no idea! The Most Holy is the judge not me... Both the Most Holy and His Son are loving and merciful...

That describes me accurately in a past life, one that ended about a decade ago

Are you talking about being in the WT? I was a born in and I can honestly say I didn't come to know Christ until I left... The Christ I NOW know is not the one in the WT.

Peace

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@Snowbird: perhaps I misunderstood. Many people I encounter seem to equate being an atheist with rejecting God. I was thinking along those lines.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    @Snowbird: perhaps I misunderstood. Many people I encounter seem to equate being an atheist with rejecting God. I was thinking along those lines.

When They (Son and Father) come to earth, I'm willing to bet the atheists are going to be the first to embrace Them.

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

When They (Son and Father) come to earth, I'm willing to bet the atheists are going to be the first to embrace Them.
    Tee hee hee.
    Syl

Surprised by joy — impatient as the Wind
    I turned to share the transport — Oh! with whom
    But Thee, deep buried in the silent tomb,
    That spot which no vicissitude can find?
    Love, faithful love, recalled thee to my mind —
    But how could I forget thee? Through what power,
    Even for the least division of an hour,
    Have I been so beguiled as to be blind
    To my most grievous loss? — That thought's return
    Was the worst pang that sorrow ever bore,
    Save one, one only, when I stood forlorn,
    Knowing my heart's best treasure was no more;
    That neither present time, nor years unborn
    Could to my sight that heavenly face restore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit