2011 District a$$embly - We cant wait. The board is abuzz WHAT NOOLITE?

by hamsterbait 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

* * * Speculation * * *

I can't help but wonder how JWFreak's post might apply to this toes thing ...

However before I left bethel last autumn, it was interesting that there was a book scheduled for release this year, all finished and completed in English. Never sent to translation

from
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/210681/1/DC-2011-Strange-omission-from-the-releases

Is it possible that the book delved deeper into this subject? Was it a revised "Daniel" book? Was the book nixed after the invitations had been printed? So much speculation about the toes and no follow-through? Hmmmm.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

We don't have the leaflets yet. When weget them I am going to really whip up a storm of anticipation to the best of my ability to everyone I meet. The more people get excited, the bigger the anti-climax.

Harold Camping, eat your heart out.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Honestly, we're all having a good guffaw at this, but do you really think the dubs are going to notice? Last year, we had the Noo Light involving the overlapping generation, and no one really batted an eye! And that was HUGE! Monumental! Yet...if you were to ask any of them today what the Noo Light is regarding the Generation, they'd probably still spout the Old Light or look at you like "What Noo Light??".

I think this will fizzle just like the last one. I take it to mean that the toes mean NOTHING AT ALL in the grand scheme of things and that there is ZERO prophetic meaning in the toes. In other words, they are saying "Because the toes weren't numbered, we can't be sure that it was ten, so therefore we can't say with certainty that it symbolizes 'Earthly Completeness' as it was purported to in the past".

For my parents, this will be something to talk about I think. My mom specifically is known for saying "*gasp* Well ya know, we're already down to the very tips of the toes!!" (how she knows this, I have no idea, but I think she heard it in a talk). Maybe hearing that they mean diddly squat now will do something, but I doubt it.

I think the big issue here is that these people need to hear reasons why they should keep hanging on. They have nothing left, really. They can't live in the real world and associate and LIVE They're waiting on the next world to start living, but yet in this world they're barely hanging on and they're clinging to this hope that it will get better if they can just keep hanging on. And usually around convention time is when they get tired and feel like saying "To hell with it" and that's when they get new books, new brochures, new DVD's, Noo Light... It's tantamount to a JW Christmas! All of these meager scraps of watered-down and rearranged "truth" that they eagerly devour in hopes that it will keep them going...and it does for awhile...until they start winding down again. But, lo and behold, there's an assembly, and a few months later, another one! Enough to carry them through to the next convention when they will once again get their rations so they can just exist for another year. And on and on it goes.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Can't wait for someone to post the new video!...

• baltar447
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

OMG it's Toejam and Earl!!!

Okay now I feel old...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Honestly, we're all having a good guffaw at this, but do you really think the dubs are going to notice? Last year, we had the Noo Light involving the overlapping generation, and no one really batted an eye! And that was HUGE! Monumental! Yet...if you were to ask any of them today what the Noo Light is regarding the Generation, they'd probably still spout the Old Light or look at you like "What Noo Light??".

The majority ALWAYS stay in when stuff happens but SOME always leave. We have members here on JWN who left because of the overlapping generations (or for whom it was the final straw). Every ridiculous dumbass thing the Borg does has value.

Can't wait for someone to post the new video!...

Same here. I still haven't watched last year's in full but I've got it.

Anyone else think this DVD series is the Borg's lame attempt to show people that they don't need to search the Internet to find the history of JWs because the Borg has provided it for them on DVD? They are incredibly reactionary and this smacks of an attempt to stem the tide of Internet research that may just be making inroads.

• Gayle
    Gayle

get new books, new brochures, new DVD's, Noo Light... It's tantamount to a JW Christmas!

So the 'new' literature, is just JW Christmas "re-gifts." No value, no meaning,,just passed on and on and only a joke to those who are in the know.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, don't worry about the toes. I'm sure they'll have significance whenever the Society sees an opportunity to give them such. And...why would there be more than ten toes? Either way, why would the number of toes have any meaning if the number wasn't even mentioned to begin with?

I'm kind of excited about the Young People Ask book. If they're redoing Volume 1, as I read on another thread here, might be nice. I can imagine it'd make young people of today laugh at those kids from the '80s. It might not be very helpful either if they realize that these kids are now in their 30s and 40s and may have very little to show for their lives except thousands of hours in field service. But I doubt anyone would think that, at least I wouldn't have. I did think those kids looked awfully ancient in terms of their outfits, even back in the '80s...

It'd be nice if they handed out the DVDs on site. I doubt they did that, but that'd be cool if they did. Even if it's a horrible DVD, since I'm not paying for it, why not? I'm curious as to how many lies they'll have to tell for the Rutherford era. Or perhaps omissions, more than likely...

But they didn't provide the chicken sandwiches at the district conventions that I can recall; it was only the hoagies, right? Those chicken sandwiches were, as it is said, off the chain. Never mind...the toes have no meaning, man! I'm still geekin' out about it!

--sd-7

• badseed
    badseed

I think the GB is starting to realize that whatever they put out in print the apostates will tear it apart and point out the inacuracies. So they don't dare anymore. They have to stick to the facts, no more flash in the pan to impress their audience. It will become obvious to regular witnesses that they've lost their power to prophesize. If I were in, I know this would've been a big let down for me. I probably wouldn't be the only one to voice it somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit