2011 District a$$embly - We cant wait. The board is abuzz WHAT NOOLITE?

by hamsterbait 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

...and, I'm glad to hear it's such an anti-climax. The dubs are seriously whipped up about this.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If what the Love Doctor published is accurate, it seems the issue of the 10 toes has been switched on/off more than one until now. It was OFF before 1978, we see that it was ON in 85 and now it's OFF again.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Today, great pains were taken to point out that the toes in the scriptural account were not specifically numbered (might be ten, might be eleven (if the image came from Arkansas), so therefore, there is no significant prophetic meaning in the toes of the image.

Thanks for that, CaptainSchmideo. That is hilarious!

So let's get this straight. This big tract campaign is designed to get everyone bursting with anticipation to find out what the image's toes signify and, consequently, when God's Kingdom is going to crush all other kingdoms. I can imagine it now: after the effort and expense of travelling many miles and sacrificing their Sunday to sit in a cramped auditorium, the attendees are determined to ignore the pins-and-needles in their legs and listen intently to the unlocking of this great prophetic mystery. At last it comes, what they've all been eagerly awaiting and, as their bottoms shift to the edge of their seats, craning their necks to not miss a word, it is revealed that ...

... the toes have no real prophetic significance and the kingdoms of the earth will be crushed 'soon.'

WOOT!

It was so worth coming, huh, huh?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

If what the Love Doctor published is accurate, it seems the issue of the 10 toes has been switched on/off more than one until now. It was OFF before 1978, we see that it was ON in 85 and now it's OFF again.

Mustn't forget the 1999 Daniel's Prophecy book!

(p. 59) "The ten toes of the image represent all such coexisting powers and governments, for in the Bible the number ten at times signifies earthly completeness."

• luna2
    luna2

Isn't this pretty par for the course? I remember when I was going to these things, they'd get everybody all excited about big announcements and new releases and you'd get there and it would be same old stuff phrased a different way and, often, some re-worked version of the Revelation Book or the Youth Book (probably where they "revised" it by taking out misquotes of famous people that they used without permission).

Maybe in recent years they've had more exciting stuff as there have been organizational changes. I don't know cuz I wasn't following this stuff very closely.

• Mr Moody
    Mr Moody

Daniel was ment to be quite detailed in all his other visions/dreams and some how I doubt he'd miss an important detail like the number of toes, if there was 11, 12 or whatever. If you follow that reasoning along, Daniel dosen't specifically how many arm and legs the image has...The mind Boggles....It's all Hogwash.

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm waiting for the smoke monster to drag the governing body off down a hole

If only!

Peace

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The vaguer they get is the less they can be taken to task on.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems like a nice waste of time. They can't figure out to place Armageddon with the end dragging on, and China threatening to become the 8th world power without the UN. So they have to confuse the issue with a stupid statue--for all I care, it was nothing more than a dream that is as disjointed as the ones where I end up at an a$$embly only to find myself either at regular church, a school assembly, or some other performance. No significance--hours wasted trying to tie it into the end.

• Gayle
    Gayle

So, bottom line according to GB , the 'toes' just represent all governments at the time of the 'end'? no change, no dramatic flip-flip? So the big news is that there isn't anything new?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit