2011 District a$$embly - We cant wait. The board is abuzz WHAT NOOLITE?

by hamsterbait 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

Toes-smoes? I think the WT did have something prophetic they wanted to say about those toes, but the public derision leading up the Camping's May21st rapture date gave the GB cold feet and they changed the talk at the last minute- Maybe they also had a book ready to go and they pulled it back, too? The WT publications may be out of the prediction business for a long time, thanks to Camping's next date, Oct21 and the often linked failed WT predictions, the public's eye will be thinking about false prophets (like JWs) for the rest of the year.

We will see more negative JW/KH/WT stories like this - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/210897/1/Harold-Campings-Kingdom-Hall

- the public will identify JWs with kooks like Camping more than ever. Going forward, I hope to see some good newspaper stories this summer as reporters try to interview the WT DO's at conventions- asking, of course about all the failed WT predictions. It's going to be a bad convention season for JWs.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They're either dumber than previously thought or they had something cooked up and then pulled it at the last minute. If the second, would love to know what and why.

I think it is the second. They pulled the book and had to edit the talk outline.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/210681/1/DC-2011-Strange-omission-from-the-releases

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Thanks, madsweeney! Interesting. Something is definitely up. Oh to be a fly on the wall up there . . .

• baltar447
    baltar447

I thought it VERY strange that there was all this buildup and then NOTHING. I think moshe's take on it may be very likely. I guess TRUTHâ„¢ is subject to public opinion now. But why not ditch the tracts and make new ones? Because they are cheap bastards?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

But why not ditch the tracts and make new ones? Because they are cheap bastards?

They're not all that bright, for one thing. Add that to the fact that they think all the sheep are even dumber. The result is they just don't put a lot of brain power into the tried and true indoctrination techniques.

And yeah, they're cheap bastards on top of that.

• moshe
    moshe

The news media would have jumped on any prediction the WT made in a talk this year- they can't handle critical questions from the outside- for that matter, they never do a Q&A type meeting even for JWs.

• CaptainSchmideo
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So I took the time to look at Daniel again and noticed that the account doesn't say how many toes the statue has. Nor does it say how many legs, arms, or fingers either. It is described as something frightening, so multiple limbs and digits might have been considered scary. It does speak of the head in the singular, so it isn't multi-headed. However, I thought it interesting that it spoke of the images arms and breasts of silver. Not breast or chest, but breastS... plural. Is there anything to indicate that the statue is a dude? If it were a male statue, I would sooner understand using the term chest or breast, not breasts. Or maybe Daniel envisioned a multi-toed statue of a dude with boobs?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Hey Guys, what Watchtower is that image and article in?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"All scripture is beneficial for all things, " except when toes are mentioned. Those toes mean nothing, and are not beneficial for anything. Well, they are holding that image up, but that's all. Don't even prophesy about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit