2011 District a$$embly - We cant wait. The board is abuzz WHAT NOOLITE?

by hamsterbait 110 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Let me make sure I've got this right: The DC flyer shows Daniel's image with all of the kingdoms identified down to the AA world power, then there's an arrow pointing at the toes with a floating question mark. This set-up would prime a reader/viewer to expect some kind of useful or illuminatory information regarding the toes, paralleling the already disclosed info re the rest of the image.

The rhetorical context--that is, a talk at the annual district convention, where traditionally new and "exciting" information is announced, coupled with the thematic implications of the passing of the previous worldly kingdoms and the imminence of God's Kingdom--would lead one to believe that some announcement of significance with respect to where we are in the stream of time (to use a hackneyed JW expression) would be forthcoming.

All that--and the announcement is basically that there's nothing to announce??? The toes have no significance??? THAT'S what that flyer is all about????

• agonus
    agonus

Apparently so. As far as public invites go, this has to be their biggest bait-and-switch ever. I cannot possibly imagine anyone on the outside, after attending a convention on a whim after seeing the flyer (and isn't that the whole point of distributing them in the first place?) coming away from the session NOT feeling completely hornswoggled.

Is this what they're shooting for? I mean, seriously... what's the thinking behind this?

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I am so disappointed. I was looking forward to this new lite being torn to shreds. Piranhas!

Is this what they're shooting for? I mean, seriously... what's the thinking behind this?

They're either dumber than previously thought or they had something cooked up and then pulled it at the last minute. If the second, would love to know what and why.

• agonus
    agonus

Or this is all just a big joke... a game being played by whoever's pulling the strings at Bethel, having a grand old time and just laughing their asses off. It seems more and more like that, don't you think?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Maybe it had something to do with bin Laden.

I just want to add:

As far as I can attest, this is all I got out of the talk. I checked with a co-worker/witness to see if I missed something more major than this, and he couldn't think of anything more than that himself. I am still waiting for someone else who was at this weekend's assembly to come forth and challenge me on this point, and I hope I am not wrong on this.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, if it was straight from the horse's ass, er, mouth, (i.e. a GB member), then there can't be much to contest, right?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Or this is all just a big joke... a game being played by whoever's pulling the strings at Bethel,
    having a grand old time and just laughing their asses off.....Agonus

When has the WBT$ ever made sense?..

They throw a Greasy Spiritual Meal together with Left Overs from other Greasy WBT$ Spiritual meals..And..

Serve it up to JW`s..

JW`s say "Was`nt that Spiritual meal Uplifting?!"..

Anyone who complains gets a Smack..

Everyone goes home Happy..Or Not..The WBT$ doesn`t care..

Sorry there were no "Toes" as Advertised..

Eat your Greasy WBT$ Spiritual Meal and Shut the F*ck Up..

When you get Home..Remember how Happy you Are..DumbAss!..

http://leacocks.com/FeaturesBlog/wp-content/upLoads/2010/11/TheJarryPoutineResized.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
  • DanaBug
    DanaBug

Outlaw! Is that bbq and slaw on fries? I must do this!! In a smaller portion though.

• CaptainSchmideo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit