DC 2011 Strange omission from the releases

by JWFreak 77 Replies latest jw friends

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

They probably had to replace lots of pictures because the models are no longer approved, exemplary JWs.

I personally know two (from the original book) that are disfellowshiped - both baptised super young at the "encouragement" of their proud JW parents. Don't know if they're still in the book as I haven't seen the updated version.

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Really? On which page are they?

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

So are they still saying "self-abuse" leads to homosexuality like the old Youth book did?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yeah, the release of the new YPA book seemed completely incongruous with the theme of the last talk Saturday. It did kind of seem like a last minute fill in.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Someone PDFise it already! Lol!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Let Your Kingdom Come is the convention theme yet no releases about God's kingdom.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I had a phone call from an elderly sister last night. She's very old, and very sincere, and there's no way I'm going to cause her distress by disputing with her, so she talks to me a lot.

She told me authoritatively that there's a special new announcement coming at the DC, a new light on something important. I kind of glazed over during some of the call, but I have a feeling...95% sure...she said it was to do with Nebuchadnezzar's feet.

Now, on any other forum in this big wide web that statement would sound so surreal people would wonder what I've just been smoking, but here, it might give someone a clue.

Have I shed new light on the DC? Can anyone filluminate further?

• TheListener
    TheListener

Chariklo,

there are several threads discussing the "new light" on the statue's feet. The invitation for this year's DC shows statue in Daniel with the various world powers it represents (according to WTS) labelled. When it gets to the toes of the feet there is a question mark instead of a named kingdom or power.

Leading the dubs to "know" that a special new announcement is due at the DC. However, once at the DC the speaker confirms that there is no new light and the dubs go off into the sunset without any new special information.

I feel as others do that the invitation with question marked toes and the publication that wasn't released are part of a bigger idea that was scrapped at the last minute. Perhaps it will be something that comes out next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit