DC 2011 Strange omission from the releases

by JWFreak 77 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

The progression for new ideas is to speak them from the platform first, then to print, right? That way if the idea goes down like a lead balloon, they can drop it and claim those who "ran ahead" with the idea misunderstood.

I can just imagine the buildup to the relase of volume 1 YPA. The bethelite speaker becomes ever more emphatic, food in due season. Provision of the faithful and discreet slave. The announcement...ta daa! Obligatory clapping. The zealous rush back to line up for the handouts before the closing song. Every one in lineup has two parents, an aunt and a cousin who all need a copy. The stern ladies sitting by the collection boxes dare the bold to walk by without a dollar.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Poor kids. They are just gonna get slapped down some more. No FB. No video games. No movies. No TV. Go in service. Get baptized before you are 14. No masturbation.

But I guess the strict control is what causes so many to leave

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks JWFreak,,interesting,,

Curious about GB split down the middle. Since there are seven GB, they need 5 for their 2/3 majority. So 'split down the middle' means maybe 4/3. Have you heard if it is so that there's a 'threesome, trinitarian, like 3 hard controllers there, their 3-way godhead thing in the GB group? A possible 'split' among them sounds good/interesting.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Nice to have you posting again JWFreak! I hope everything is going good for you.

SIAM

• clarity
    clarity

JWFreak it is great to hear from you again! How are you doing?

It's like "a shot in the arm" when you 'guys' come back here.

Interesting, no book this year .... they are soooo running scared now lol, a deer caught in the headlights! Damned if they do - damned if they don't. Starting to be pure comedy, and I'm loving it!

Please keep us apprised of the 'latest' will you ....and what about your memoirs, we're still waiting.

all the best

clarity

Ah, truth is stranger than fiction. Wow, I remember the days when witnesses were waiting for the new releases, where are they now? Ah yes, the good old days.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

my memoirs are up to 369 pages so far....

I want to release it as a free complete record of how the writing dept worked in the last few years

E

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Interesting information about the DC releases. Often times they used the new releases to be considered at the book study, but now it is taking longer to go through a book at the meetings.

• clarity
    clarity

That's great Eric, can hardly wait!

clarity

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

JWFreak: Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit