The "WOW!!" moment...Theocratic Ministry School was a sham!

by Terry 98 Replies latest jw friends

• sister x
    sister x

Sounds like the WBTS is the best Pyramid scheme ever! LOL

Michele

• the max
    the max

Yup terry, I too thought I was a genius, until I posted on here and started to do some serious research on this and other sites ,now I am able to communicate, what the watchtowers teachings are to my still In friends. To say they are shocked is an understatement, the look of incredulity,then the shock of finding out they have been duped (just like we were) can be quite overwhelming.

One difficulty is that I am having to caution them to be very carefull about who they share this information with, because as many of us are aware , the ramifications of suddenly having your world turned upside down are huge.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Terry,

Nice revelation. And honest, too.

I was perhaps the most well-read dub in my entire Circuit and I was cut to shreds more than once by somene using only the Bible and mere logic by a Satanic non-dub.

Since the person who was obviously Satanic had better facts than I did, that was proof the person was a spawn of Satan.

Ergo, if one has FACTS instead of bullshit, that is indisputable PROOF one is inpired by Satan.

This is all Bible-Based(TM)

Farkel

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(marking for later)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Even as a teenager, I never saw the point of the TMS. I saw it as puerile entertainment. The sister giving the talk would only prepare the answer to the question SHE herself had written for the 'householder' to ask..??? (Now I've written that down, it's just the same as the WT writing its own questions to its own answers in the magazine, lol)

• life is to short
    life is to short

As a child being raised in the religion I wanted to go to other churches so badly myself so I could see first hand all the lies they taught like I was told they did, so I could know without a doubt that the WT was indeed the truth.

Of course I was never allowed to do that and then I just fell into line with everyone else. Still that longing never left me. Now I know that so much of what I was taught was a huge lie. I have been to other churches and it was nothing like I was told it would be.

One thing that really gets me is that I was told they would demand money from me. It has never happened. I have been demanded money at the KH once over my picking up my magazines but nothing at the churches like that time in the KH it was horrible with a MS yellling at me in front of others and I was an elders wife at the time.

I wish I had went with my gut when I was a kid.

LITS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yes. Watchtower gets the title deed once the mortgage/loan has been paid off, as far as I am aware.

For accuracy's sake, this isn't exactly how it works. While the Society holds the mortgage, they hold a Deed in Trust on the property just like any bank or mortgage company. When it is paid off, the Society gets their name put on the deed as a Beneficiary in Trust, which means that as long as the congregation remains a JW congregation, the congregation legally owns the KH but if they decide to stop being a member of the Borg (such as happened in Bonham, TX before the Borg instituted this legal procedure), the Watchtower has the right to take the KH. So yes, the Watchtower holds the cards because they can DF those who control the local corporation and take the Hall, like they're currently doing in Menlo Park, CA, but as long as the congregation is in good standing, the congregation still is the legal KH owner.

• Terry
    Terry

I was perhaps the most well-read dub in my entire Circuit and I was cut to shreds more than once by somene using only the Bible and mere logic by a Satanic non-dub.

Since the person who was obviously Satanic had better facts than I did, that was proof the person was a spawn of Satan.

Ergo, if one has FACTS instead of bullshit, that is indisputable PROOF one is inpired by Satan.

This is all Bible-Based(TM)

le Fark

There was a fellow named Joe Tosti in our Congregation (he has now gone to his reward) who was extremely well read and who boldy answered questions at the book study and Watcthtower study that WENT OUTSIDE the Society's "literature".

He was constantly being...I won't say reprimanded...but, shall we say marginalized as a result.

I once asked him how he knew those things (factoids) that weren't in the study itself.

Joe would look at me and shake his head, "Uneducated people think information is like magic. It isn't. It is like growing vegetables."

He didn't elaborat beyond that. I figured he was nuts. He was certainly a character!

There was a time when I was working in a department store and the new manager came to talk to me. He had heard I was a jehovah's witness.

He informed me that he was a Mormon!

I was salivating to get into it with him. That is, until I actually DID and got my ass handed to me.

My indoctrination vs his indoctrination was like a gnat vs a sledgehammer. For one thing he was very informed on specifics historically whereas I only had memorized scriptures (I could recite 845 scriptures at will).

He would bring up history and I'd try and debunk it by quoting a scripture.

He told me, "Don't you realize you can't refute history?"

He would quote Origen, Eusebius, Polycarp and others and I'd just shuffle my feet and try to change the subject. It was a real woodshed moment.

I brushed it off, of course. But, I was smarting from the realization that something was clearly awry.

• designs
    designs

Wake up calls are wonderful and knock the wind out of us at the same time. I got laughed off the staff at a local college explaining JW beliefs.

Brilliant going in and tail between my legs going out......

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its almost like the JWS religion is just a religious publishing cult and the people involved are just being trained to sell the WTS. products

which are books, magazines and even bibles.

I sure hope this insinuation that Armageddon is coming soon isn't just a ploy to incite people sell more of these products produced

by the WTS., that would be dishonest and corrupt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit