The "WOW!!" moment...Theocratic Ministry School was a sham!

by Terry 98 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
  • willyloman
    willyloman

Great topic, Terry. Brilliant analysis.

Made me recall the Watchtower's most telling declaration: "No need to study, we've done all the research for you."

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The calculations of revenue coming in every year are stunning. When people would write that it was $, I'd say what money.

Why don't publishers know the exact cost of production and shipping? People might see the need to donate more.

Does anyone know what is done with this income stream? I read that they invested in a munitions company. If I were still a Witness, I'd reply that we are part of Christ's body and have a right to know the financials. We know far more about the Vatican. Little children aren't supposed to worry about finances. Are there internal audits to make certain GB members aren't stealing from the corporation?

The most dangerous person is one who does not know how little they know. The more I learn, the more I'm overwhelmed by what is impossible to know. Sometimes I feel I place too much empahsis on Bible knowledge and little facts. Music is just as important, in my view. All the arts are important. Building homes, a la Habitat for Humanity is important. Doctors Without Borders.

The striking thing about finding this forum, besides the validation that other people hate the WTBTS with a passion, is the realization that it is a money making cult. My family's religion was no better than Moonies or Scientology. I knew about the crazy health schemes from Rutherford times. I was aware of the regitimation and control but not how systematic and planned it was.

• LV101
    LV101

It's amazing the secrecy in this cult. when i attended i heard the PO saying the society has no money ---- YEAH, RIGHT! they have the adherents thinking they are poor and directed by God and look at all the marvels they do for those hungering and thirsting. NOT! one of the members told me yrs. ago that she was pulled aside and told by one of the clergy members that she couldn't be ordering tapes, etc., from the magazine counter without paying for them and that she should be contributing $40.00 for a video because it cost the society lots of money to make. what a LIAR! they were raking money in at that time.

why don't they have to disclose the financials --- of course they have freedom in this arena along with everything else.

has any group ever tried to control/tax/fine cults in this country. this money could be used to educate communities about them but then again in this great country they have their freedom to run rough shod over innocent people. maybe the lawyers on this board could start something although i'm sure you know it would be a waste of time. imagine the tax revenues off of cults that could be used toward science or feeding/helping the disadvantaged.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS has survived by means of exploitation and cunning tactics of commercialized fraud, fronting itself as religion.

The business behind it all gets covered over with religious devotional faith and virtue.

Are the other religions in the world any different ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Obviously you hadn't read enough Awake magazines! Didn't you know reading four years' worth of them is equivalent to a university education!

Think that would fly if I list that on my employment application??

Watch Tower University

• Terry
    Terry

In 1964 or 1965, I was pioneering with my wife. Chairman Mao had brought out his little red book and the news media showed pictures of the happy faces of the Chinese people holding the books up and chanting. I think I was at an assembly though I can't remember. We had a red book at the time and the speaker was going to quote from it and everyone gabbed up their copies and I could see red books being held up all over the place and I thought 'WOW we're like the Chinese communists everyone having to read from the same page at the same time from our own little red book!'

I like that comment. I'd love to see it in a book of experiences that led to self-realization about being a jW.

Thanks!

• Terry
    Terry
    I was simply a tape recorder with legs; a book salesman and a talking head.

I am glad you are selling books for your own profit now-

Life at the bookstore has been an education as well! I just transfered from 6 years in Religion and Philosophy to the History section. Sigh of relief!

• Terry
    Terry

So Terry, what was the reaction from the other people in attendance?

Heh heh heh, I think they were wondering why I was trying to teach them.

They were unexpectedly courteous and humble.

• Terry
    Terry

Willyloman says:

Great topic, Terry. Brilliant analysis.

Made me recall the Watchtower's most telling declaration: "No need to study, we've done all the research for you."

Unfortunately, the worst thing they do for you is THINK. It is like having somebody chew your food for you and spit it in your mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit