The "WOW!!" moment...Theocratic Ministry School was a sham!

by Terry 98 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

I suppose it makes people feel special to be 'ministers' as they trash the clergy class as from the devil. Any idiot with mental problems, no education, no life can become important in the group and trained to be a minister (I agree that all believers are ministers vs just paid clergy who may or may not even be true shepherds after God's own servant heart). The WT is driven by money (land, books, etc.) and relies on people being on the treadmill as consumers of the material and peddlers of it. Do people actually make donations at the door for this stuff? It is interesting that if a JW does sell something that they already paid for, the money goes back into coffers (double charge essentially). In light of the internet, the well should be drying up or slowing down eventually. Will July 15 WT be available online at WT site?

• moshe
    moshe
    I was simply a tape recorder with legs; a book salesman and a talking head.

I am glad you are selling books for your own profit now-

• pirata
    pirata

@godrulz:

I suppose it makes people feel special to be 'ministers' as they trash the clergy class as from the devil. Any idiot with mental problems, no education, no life can become important in the group and trained to be a minister (I agree that all believers are ministers vs just paid clergy who may or may not even be true shepherds after God's own servant heart).

So if you agree that all believers are ministers, what is the relevance of your statement regarding "idiot[s] with mental problems, no education, no life"

The WT is driven by money (land, books, etc.) and relies on people being on the treadmill as consumers of the material and peddlers of it. Do people actually make donations at the door for this stuff?

I rarely receive donations at the door.

It is interesting that if a JW does sell something that they already paid for, the money goes back into coffers (double charge essentially).

JWs haven't paid for the literature they take for at least a decade or two. They can contribute if they want, not everyone does.

In light of the internet, the well should be drying up or slowing down eventually. Will July 15 WT be available online at WT site?

It is already available. Have you checked jw.org?

• poppers
    poppers

So Terry, what was the reaction from the other people in attendance?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Is it true that all literature given out at the KH must be paid for by the local group? Even if the individual does not pay for it (I imagine contributions are encouraged), then the Hall will pay the bill? Can a Witness take a car full of literature for free and give it out all over the place or are there limits? What happens to unused copies? Apparently, KH get built by the local group, but any money given by headquarters to pay for it must be paid back. If the group breaks away, WT still owns the building (they had to tighten this up because they got burned once).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

To Pirata..... your completely forgetting that the WTS for more than 80 years requested payment not only from people

who bought the magazines and books at the Kingdom Halls, but also the from the people in the door to door ministry.

The business aspect of this religious book publishing cult really took off after J Rutherford took control of the publishing

operations. Are you forgetting the advertising on the back cover of the Awake magazines, where numerous different items

produced by the WTS were sold for at a set price, a price that was well over 400% of the actual production costs ?

The WTS has always been a publishing company, the established doctrines were devised to support the WTS circulation

and proliferation of its own produced published works. For some people being exploited and duped is just to hard to

accept and realize. For most people they can see the exploitation in working process, for some not so obvious.

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, it was while hanging w those guys that your wt bubble was burst?

Ballistic

That was really funny. Too bad that they Xed out all her spicey words. Perhaps that was where her skill lay.

S

• godrulz
    godrulz

The reason the WT changed rules on finances/publications was because of the tax man. They were forced to change or face fines, including revocation of charitible donation status. They got into legal hot water, but tried to make it look like they were good guys giving stuff out free. In light of all the criticism of Christendom clergy, Bethel workers making $14/month while upper leaders driving fancy cars, big houses, etc. is odious. The average Bethelite is now ruined with no pension, no income, no rights, just used and discarded (while Rutherford, etc. would rival the worst televangelists...Pharisaical hypocrites that use and ruin lives).

• pirata
    pirata

@godrulz

Is it true that all literature given out at the KH must be paid for by the local group? Even if the individual does not pay for it (I imagine contributions are encouraged), then the Hall will pay the bill?

No, there is no correlation between the amount of literature a congregation uses and the amount they donate. Contributions are encouraged. We are never told the real cost of printing, so people just guess how much to contribute.

Can a Witness take a car full of literature for free and give it out all over the place or are there limits? What happens to unused copies?

We are encouraged to leave literature only where interest is shown. But usually people leave magazines at the door even when the householder is taking them to make you go away. Old magazines are usually used for street and business work. Old books are given to new ones for their personal libraries.

Apparently, KH get built by the local group, but any money given by headquarters to pay for it must be paid back. If the group breaks away, WT still owns the building (they had to tighten this up because they got burned once).

Yes. Watchtower gets the title deed once the mortgage/loan has been paid off, as far as I am aware.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes. Watchtower gets the title deed once the mortgage/loan has been paid off, as far as I am aware.

So you can say that each Kingdom Hall is a franchised investment that actualizes the payment of the Mortgage by the congregational members.

And thats my friends just builds up the Real-estate holdings and wealth to the WTS corporation.

Using fear, exploitation and manipulation to create power and wealth, Satan would be proud of this operation indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit