The "WOW!!" moment...Theocratic Ministry School was a sham!

by Terry 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

A lot of the old timers could "see things coming" the rest of us couldn't. They should have made THOSE folks the anointed :)

• godrulz
    godrulz

Canon, not cannon (gun). I appreciate everyone's insights/experiences.

• Terry
    Terry

Canon, not cannon (gun). I appreciate everyone's insights/experiences.

Depends on if Quentin is a big shot or not! (badda bing!)

• Quentin
    Quentin

Depends on if Quentin is a big shot or not! (badda bing!).......Heh, heh, heh........

A lot of the old timers could "see things coming" the rest of us couldn't. They should have made THOSE folks the anointed :)....Joe Tosti on the gb, gad what a thought....

Let me clear something up, for Godrulz's. I am a lousy speller and rely on spell check to correct my spelling. At the same time, for reasons I shall only say are due to health, I make a lot of typos. If a word is close to what I am writing spell check doesn't catch the difference. I know it's Canon and not cannon. Also realize SPELLING is VERY important when attempting to make a point. Funny thing is I was a champion speller up through the 6th grade, went down hill from there.

Now, that's enough OFF TOPIC comments. Hope that helps you out there Godrulz's, glad you caught that one typo, keeps me on my toes you know....

• godrulz
    godrulz

No biggie, I was joking with the play on words of gun/cannon/canon.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Gottcha......

• Terry
    Terry

And besides....Quentin was educated by the Theocratic Ministry School! (See how I brought things back on topic there?)

• godrulz
    godrulz

I find it odd that the GB relies on Christendom's scholars and commentaries at Bethel (misquotes them selectively), yet the average JW is not allowed to do first hand research. They have an indoctrination school that is simplistic based on comparatively uneducated researchers (they DF one of their better thinkers, Raymond Franz). It is also odd that they despise higher education, theological schools, seminaries, that put out equipped, godly leaders who can translate and exegete from the original languages, have historical perspective with Church history, sound grounding in theology, etc. Not many average Witnesses can truly defend anything outside of what WT has given them (often not understanding the thinking/research).

• Quentin
    Quentin

It's the old adage, don't do as I DO, DO as I say. wtbts has a LARGE EXTENSIVE library with a GREAT number of books, Bible translations and such at their disposal, I for one would have no doubt they even the writings of Nostradamus. Since they are filled with holy spirit it taints them not. On the other hand a r&f jw would be so overwhelmed their brain would explode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit