Introducing Myself

by StandFirm 151 Replies latest jw friends

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

StandFirm????:

Your response to:

still thinking: I don't believe that the organization states that sites like this must be avoided when one already is familiar with the ideas presented. And no, I do not count time here. This is more of a hobby.

From July 15, 2011 Watchtower, page 11

Boy are you in TDOUBLE TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!

What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey Standfirm: OH No, are you related to djeggnopg? Just kidding.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

StandingFirm..

I can see why your confused,by reading these 2 statements made by you..

You don`t even have a Grasp of the Basics,in Watchtower World..

I now am more convinced than ever that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's organization on earth today.....S/F
    OUTLAW: Please prove your assertion that the WTBS is supposed to be God's organization and not acting on behalf of God's organization.....S/F

The Watchtower was Founded in 1881..The Watchtower didn`t "Invent" Jehovah`s Witness`s until 1931..

The Watchtower was in Existance 50 years before it "Invented" the Jehovah`s Witness`s..

Jehovah`s Witness`s Follow the WBT$,not the other way around..

If a JW breaks a WBT$ Rule they can be Disfellowshipped..

The WBT$ can and do,break their own Rules all day long..And..There is not a dam thing Jehovah`s Witness`s can do about it..

If you Keep Learning..

Eventually you`ll be able to have an Intelligent Conversation,about How things work in Watchtower World..

I hope you enjoyed Todays Lesson about the WBT$ Organization..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• the max
    the max

Well done standfirm, you came back, I hope you find whatever your after, and hope you leave here happy .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

flipper: You can believe as you wish, of course. I have kept up with personal study and I know the Watchtower article you are referring to, the 7/15/2011 one, right? I went over that at Topix.

I don't believe the Society believes it has anything to hide. Look at this quote from the 2/15/2011 Watchtower:

"Andre, who had served Jehovah for years, had the bitter experience of being led astray by apostate thinking. He felt that having a quick look at an apostate Web site would not be dangerous. He recalls: “Initially, I was attracted to the so-called truths that the apostates spoke of. The more I examined what they said, the more I came to think that I was justified in leaving Jehovah’s organization. But later, as I did some research on the apostates’ arguments against Jehovah’s Witnesses, I became aware of how crafty the false teachers were. Information taken out of context was their ‘strong evidence’ against us. Thus, I decided to start reading our publications again and to attend the meetings. Soon I realized how much I had missed.” Happily, Andre returned to the congregation." -p. 19

I see this to mean that those who are exposed to apostate arguments who do honest research on them will see them to be false.
    Don't scare this one away, guys. "The truth" about "the truth" will win out.

If it helps with your thinking, anyone who can see that example meaning to go ahead and thoroughly examine "apostate" literature, but not to do it half-assed, then you will see that JW's were right- well, that person has been taught by the experts to twist things to mean whatever is convenient to their own thinking. Luckily, your own thinking will lead you out eventually.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Outlaw,

Very well done! I enjoyed your part...although we will ask you to work on gestures. LOL

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

wow Standfirm you sure are displaying a cocky attitude aren't you?. I wonder if Jesus Christ displayed the same type of attitude when he was here on earth bring his message? from my recolation he was humble and loveable with his message to all types of people back then he saw everyone the same way, maybe you should copy Jesus attitude instead of the WTBS. "like they saying goes you bring more flys with honey then you do with vinger".

oh yea I forgot Welcome.

Peaches

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am sure Standfirm's elders know he is posting here and they are perfectly fine with it.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OUTLAW: Please prove your assertion that the WTBS is supposed to be God's organization and not acting on behalf of God's organization.....S/F

Purely for StandFirm's edification:

DECLARATION

... THAT the visible part of Jehovah's organization is the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society made up of those who are anointed by Jehovah and whom he is using, and that Jehovah is using the Watch Tower publications as a means of conveying his present-day truths to his people ...

WE THEREFORE DECLARE ...

- May 15, 1933 WT, p. 155-6.

He will not neglect reading and studying the constant flow of instructions that come to him through Jehovah's servant organization-the Watch Tower Society." - w66 5/1, p. 271, par. 4, A Happy Flock Requires Servant Leadership.

In the interests of fairness, there are other statements suggesting the WTS acts on behalf of God's organization too, so it appears the WTS/JWs teach both concepts.

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

Here is the thread about what the organization says about posting on websites. I'll only be discussing that there, otherwise I'll be saying the same things over and over on all different threads and that's no good.

Also, I am very familiar with the whole range of apostate claims, like 607 and those found on JW Facts. I also don't want to go too in-depth on any doctrinal subjects on this introductory thread.

satinka: No, I am not counting service time, and I have not told my elders. Why should I? Contrary to what is often implied by some people here, Witnesses don't need to run to the elders for every little thing.

yknot: I am neither MS or elder, I was born-in, that's all I'm willing to reveal about myself. Is a quote like this what you mean?

*** w08 1/1 pp. 8-9 When Will God’s Kingdom Come? ***
    "4. Jesus’ presence is marked by a global preaching work. Jesus said that his presence would be like “the days of Noah.” (Matthew 24:37-39) Noah was more than an ark builder; he was also “a preacher of righteousness.” (2 Peter 2:5) Noah warned people that a judgment from God was on its way. Jesus said that his followers on earth would be doing something similar during his presence. He prophesied: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”—Matthew 24:14.
    As we saw in the preceding article, God’s Kingdom will destroy all the governments of this world. The preaching work alerts people that this heavenly government is about to act, giving all an opportunity to escape the coming destruction and become subjects of that Kingdom. The key question, then, is, How will you respond?
    Will God’s Kingdom Mean Good News for You?
    The message that Jesus preached was one of incomparable hope. After the rebellion in Eden thousands of years ago, Jehovah God purposed to form a government that would set matters right, returning faithful humans to the condition that God had in mind for them from the start—life eternal in a paradise here on earth. What could be more thrilling than the knowledge that this long-promised government is ruling right now in heaven? It is not some remote, abstract concept but a living reality!
    Now, God’s appointed King is ruling in the midst of his enemies. (Psalm 110:2) In this corrupt world alienated from God, the Messiah is fulfilling his Father’s desire to search out all who want to come to know God as he really is and to worship him “with spirit and truth.” (John 4:24) The hope of living forever under the rule of God’s Kingdom is available to people of all races, ages, and social backgrounds. (Acts 10:34, 35) We urge you to take hold of the marvelous opportunity before you. Learn about God’s Kingdom now, so that you can enjoy living under its righteous rule forever!—1 John 2:17."

leapofthefrog: Andre is shown as a bad example not to be followed. But if one was already exposed to apostate ideas, then it shows that from there that honest research is what would to dispel them. At least, that is how the Society must feel. I agree.

Black Sheep: I prefer to do new thread rather than old ones, since I don't know what has already been covered. New threads on the same subjects would work well.

OUTLAW: See below reply to AnnOMaly.

the max: Thanks.

Peaches1978: I don't think I am acting cocky. On the other hand, what of those on this thread who are implying that I am not honest with myself or am ignorant simply because I don't believe as they do?

AnnOMaly: What you quoted was the old understanding. Even then, though, the publications also spoke of Witnesses as a whole as being God's organization also.

This is the relationship outlined today:

*** w01 1/15 p. 31 A Special Announcement ***
    "Concerning the Pennsylvania corporation, Brother Barr added: “Ever since its incorporation in 1884, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has played an important role in our modern-day history. Still, it is merely a legal instrument available for use by ‘the faithful and discreet slave’ when it is necessary.”"

But even in the past:

*** w53 4/1 p. 214 par. 21 Doing the Work Approved by God ***
    there is only one organization that is pursuing the above-outlined course, namely, Jehovah’s witnesses. Inseparably associated with this widely known organization is its legal servant and governing agency, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Only Jehovah’s witnesses and their associates are bearing the fruits of the Kingdom by public proclamation. (Heb. 13:15) They alone are heralding forth the good news that God’s kingdom under Christ is man’s only hope.

Here a distinction is made between the Society and the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit