Introducing Myself

by StandFirm 151 Replies latest jw friends

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

Hello to JWN! This is StandFirm. I mainly post on the Topix Jehovah's Witness Forum, but I decided to give it a try over here also. I also am the author of the blog Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I was raised as a Witness. For a time I doubted whether this truly was the best way of life. So, I read a large amount of opposing and apostate material on the internet, a lot of which was here on JWN. I have seen every apostate talking point out there. Because I found the views of apostates logically deficient, I decided to put my convictions under the hardest test I could think of, which was posting on the above mentioned forum and writing the above mentioned blog. I now am more convinced than ever that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's organization on earth today.

So, it is with this that I introduce myself to JWN. I come here as I came to Topix - to keep my knowledge of the Scriptures and of the organization strong and my defenses the best they can be.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Because I found the views of apostates logically deficient

Can you explain this statement?

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hello and Welcome, StandFirm!

I'm not a jw, but have had "bible studies" with some kind neighbors, which have left me with a lot of questions.

Hopefully you will give me some answers!

You write ...

and my defenses the best they can be

Whom or what do you need to defend against?

Retro

• Simon
    Simon

So answer me this:

What would prove to you that the WTS was *not* gods organization on earth?

Likewise, what really differentiates them from other religions?

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Right now I’m fading and haven't been in service for 5 months 0000 in for 16 years ministerial servant for about 8.5 years pioneered for 3 years around 1994-97 later auxiliary then around 2004 got back on pioneer list for about the same time became Elder for 5.3 years when I began reading books nothing apostate but then began searching apostate literature. I could ignore web sites like six screens and other apostates because u can tell when someone is just looking for attention and out to hurt or revenge. So I researched my research and found the lies in wt literature. What is my excuse for being lied to???????????

My opinion is for most descent human beings that may have life experience but not higher ed can here their message and well its appealing. I saw the shit in the world, and the things that happened in my life and again the message was appealing. The love bombing helped because I’m the type of person that love people and being part of this org put u in touch with plenty of people.

Now when I studied I studied fairly well only the material they gave me so the wt doctrine got imbedded in me early and I trusted them because I only thought they had all the right answers. I hated history so studying the wt history (Nah) I f u say so I believe u because U gave me no reason not to. Prophecy was something i hated and had lots of history that was mad complicated so I didn’t care If u say so i believe you though plenty of times I could not wrap my head around it. I commented on basically easy stuff that one could use in everyday life and was good at being loving to others cause that’s me..

Being an elder u can see things and wonder things a bit more as your info broadens. My wife who is a born in was not the most cooperative woman. I wanted us to be the perfect jw couple but she only did what she wanted. This I think began my slow rejecting, not trying so hard, not caring so much cause it my wife who thought she could tell me how to act and how to have proper edict, at time she pissed me off. As a witness elder I was hardly ever serious unless I had a part or was at the door. I always made my br/si laugh and enjoyed being with them and my wife made me feel like my fun loving personality irritated her. So she stated my demise

Began my study of history of jw and searched the web so many sites.

My conclusion is that they hold a tempting carrot

They use love for the most part well but have I have learned that not only in religion but in personal individuals and groups love still can be used to manipulate and in the religion most don’t try to do bad its control is from the top down. and used well and is beneficial to individual but for the fds/gb the benefit the most.

Disfellowshipping sometimes has its place but not to the extent that it separates families. I didn’t always see it this way I only saw from one side.

From the beginning of wt history till the time of this typing wt continues to hide what they do from most, but most like me really only has tunnel vision. But that is the nature of it all

I must admit my first cong made it difficult to grow spiritually and i move to another where there was plenty of love and most did thing well including the elders. I believe we have an exceptional hall as compared to some.

my reason then for fading is what I’ve learned I can’t take back I know too much and though I do think this religion has many good points to it I come to believe if there really is a god and if Christ is real we should imitate Christ to best of our ability but Christianity should not be organized like it is in large groups.

Anything done to big leaves room for corruption, and things will get out of control.

So my finally thought on me there is plenty of good but plenty of bad and the deception I am not willing to mix the two especially if the true god and Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit is behind this they’re making too many mistakes work to slow. So I try and fade if that don’t work u know the difficulties i can bring but I will only go to hall because I love the individuals not the org.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It will be interesting to see how honest you are.

S

• still thinking
    still thinking

StandFirm

I now am more convinced than ever that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's organization on earth today.

Hi there and welcome,

I am a bit confused about what you have said. If this is how you feel, why are you on this site? Shouldn't you be listening to what they tell you and be avoiding sites like this all together?

Sorry if I don't get it, but surely if you have been looking here for a long time and you were going to start to post it would be when you are questioning your beliefs. Not once you have come to the conclusion that your beliefs are correct.

Are you just counting time?

• Maze
    Maze

Welcome Standfirm. With a second witness to Biblical matters, now I can remain mild-tempered and lowly in mind.

“Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    So, I read a large amount of opposing and apostate material on the internet, a lot of which was here on JWN ... So, it is with this that I introduce myself to JWN. I come here as I came to Topix - to keep my knowledge of the Scriptures and of the organization strong and my defenses the best they can be.

First, Welcome to the forum. Since you have been reading this forum you know what to expect and, I presume, enter willingly. I can't speak for everyone, but if you keep it civil and show respect for others I will do my best to reciprocate in kind.

I appreciate your honesty, saying up front that you are here to be a defender of the Watchtower, rather than playing the part of the naive curious newcomer. That's a good start!

• StandFirm
    StandFirm

Broken Promises: Apostates, like anyone else, try to get you to believe as they do by trying to prove their beliefs to you. I have seen those arguments and do not find them convincing.

Retrovirus: I like to practice defending my beliefs against opposing beliefs, voiced by whomever. This can also prove useful in the field ministry.

Simon: The WTS is a corporation that prints books and does other business on behalf of God's organization. I believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are the truth because their doctrines align far more closely with the Bible than do those of any other religion, and they practice what they preach far more than any other religion.

TheLoveDoctor: A lie is different from being mistaken. To lie someone has to know that what they are saying is false but say it anyway. There is no proof the Witness organization has ever done this. Even if you later come to disagree with our doctrines does not mean you are being deceived. It is your choice to believe it, after all.

The actions of your wife are not the responsibility of the organization or of Witnesses in general but of her only.

The Bible commands true Christians to show love. (John 13:34, 35.) That is not manipulation.

The Bible in the case of disfellowshipping also does not make exceptions in the case of family members. At the same time, though, the Witnesses do allow for people to have contact for family business. Most Witnesses are reasonable in their application of this.

Finally, Christianity is supposed to be organized. In the 1st century all Christians obeyed the direction of the Apostles. The Apostles appointed men to oversee the congregations in a particular land, who in turn oversaw the local elders, who concentrated on one congregation.-Acts 16:4; Titus 1:5; Hebrews 13:17.

Satanus: I hope that any future accusations of dishonesty are well-grounded. Accusations would often fly with no proof back on Topix. Hope it isn't the same here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit