Introducing Myself

by StandFirm 151 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Standfirm! Welcome!

I find it interesting that you don't mind coming to this forum because my jw brother cut off contact with me because I come to this forum!

I have been away from meetings for almost 6 years and completly inactive for 4. No one from the cong. ever contacts me.

My beliefs are in a state of flux. I hope you will continue to post here. There is a lot of negativity and I have found some who post here are just as self-righteous and judgemental as they accuse the witnesses of being. But there are also many sincere ones. There is a wealth of information presented.

I look forward to your future posts.

• tracylee
    tracylee

To me, the problem of the WTS is not so much their core doctrines, they even might be closer to the socalled "truth" than most other religions, the problem with the WTS I see, is that they go totally "pharisee" with the main message of the bible, rules and regulations, control and prominence. (just look at the last WT study article)

The fact alone, that we only can have those discussions in an anonymous internet forum, and not at the kingdom hall, shows of the repressive nature of the org.

Inbetween, I completely agree. I agree with many (but not all) of the non-mainstream stances that the JWs take, but will never attend another meeting or attempt to get reinstated (I disassociated myself 9 years ago) due to the strict controlling bureaucratic nit picky BS (amongst other bad personal experiences).

• godrulz
    godrulz

The autocratic issues are cultic and odious, but the main reason to reject all things WT/JW is the heretical doctrines/teachings. If you truly searched credible sources against JWs (there is not much doctrinal defense on this forum) and remained JW, then you lack critical thinking skills (still indoctrinated) and are spiritually deceived by the enemy of your soul (demonic).

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome. *rushes off to find the popcorn*

Loz x

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith
    If you truly searched credible sources against JWs (there is not much doctrinal defense on this forum) and remained JW, then you lack critical thinking skills (still indoctrinated) and are spiritually deceived by the enemy of your soul (demonic).

OH YEAH!! CAN WE GET A HELL YEAH?! Godrulz rules.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome to the forum standfirm. I commend you on having the courage of your convictions.

For myself, leaving the jws was never an issue of doctrines.

There is an expression:

what you are doing is shouting SO loud, I cant here what you are saying.

jws claim to be the only true christians, the most loving etc.

I have seen, time and time again, from my own experience as an elder ( you can compare what fred franz and

others have openly said,for it is exactly the same)

and also from the experiences on this board, that

jws ARE NOT THE MOST LOVING OF PEOPLE.

Just look atPams girl post only yesterday. My own mother, a stalwart witness for more than

50 years, admits to me that she is lonely. She lives 2 miles from the KH.

"YOU WILL KNOW MY FOLLOWERS FROM THE LOVE THAT THEY SHOW FOR ONE ANOTHER".

• jeckle
    jeckle

Welcome I disagree with most of jw doctrine as well the above mentioned lack of love. I used to be a jw but having done research I see a lot of good and love coming from many main stream protestant faiths. And you'd be surprised that at the things taught not as cut and dry as has been made up to be.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome, Standfirm!

You don't happen, perchance, to be 'Andre' whose experience was given in the Feb. 15, 2011 WT?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome Standfirm.

It will be nice to have an honest JW to talk to.

Cheers

Chris

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome, I hope you stick around and engage in some debate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit