Of All of The Automobils You Have Ever Owned Which One Was Your Favorite?

by Was New Boy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

I had two.....1952 Chevy 4 door sedan, white and grey out, same color intereior, and a 1959 Rambler 4 door, black, green interior solid Salmon colered body....ah, the memories....drove them both for over four years. The Chevy was a tank. Fellow I bought it from had 6 ply trailer tires on it. The Chevy was our young married family car.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

My favourite is what I drive now, a 2002 Mercedes Benz Vito van. Independent suspension, sway bar, sweet little 2.3 litre turbo diesel and I can sleep in it! Heaps of room for a double bed and all my junk. 5 doors.

My favourite m/cycle was a mint '71 Triumph Trident bought in Hong Kong for $1000. Basically a Triumph frame with a BSA Rocket Three motor. I sold it for marriage....

• Satanus
    Satanus

I had a 74 nova hatchback, 350 auto. Not bad. But, my current car, the longer i have it, the more i like it. It's a dodge grand caravan, v6 auto. It handles so good, cuz of the rack and pinion stearing and mcphearson srtuts. It's simple to work on and seems to last forever. Its 3.3 liter engine may be the best v6 chrysler made. I've heard that they can keep going for 450,000 kilometers.

S

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I agree with you that the E-type may have been the most beautiful car of its era - probably only a few of the Ferrari models could compete for looks.

The 275 GTB and and GTB 4 come to mind.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The 275 GTB and and GTB 4 come to mind.

Exactly what I was thinking when I posted that.

In a slightly more conservative style, the earlier 275 GTS had its own charm.

Then came the Lamborghini Miura, and it changed everything.

• sizemik
    sizemik

In over 40 years of driving I've owned about 30 cars, including a restored 1928 Ford T. It's hard to pick a favorite but it would probably be the 1940 Studebaker Commander I restored in the early 80's.

I don't have any on-line photo's of the actual car but it looked exactly like this one . . .

Right now I'm getting around in a 1989 Toyota Corolla FX-GT. The 1600cc twin cam motor was pulled apart at 440,000 km's and given new rings and bearings - standard! It's just about to top 500,000 kms . . . not my favorite by any stretch but the 4AGE motor is brilliantly engineered . . . tops 9500 rpm . . . and goes like a cut cat

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sizemik - that's gorgeous!

• cofty
    cofty

My first car - 1969 Ford Cortina 1600E. (same as this but not this exact one)

Paid more for insurance than I did for the car

• cofty
    cofty

exwhyzee - copy and paste the "direct link" code from your pic on photobucket and paste it into the dialogue box that pops up when you click the little tree button. If it works you will see the picture appearing in the bottom part of the box when you click insert

• cantleave
    cantleave

My first ever car was one of these

mk2 Ford Capri 2.0ltr Ghia.

I was 18 and it was my pride and joy, until it caught fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit