Of All of The Automobils You Have Ever Owned Which One Was Your Favorite?

by Was New Boy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

We had the Comet too here in the US, they just weren't as prolific. Kind of the difference between a Marquis and a Crown Vic. The Mercury was supposed to be a bit more refined.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Here is my current favorite. A 1983 Fiat Pininfarina Spider. It was in top shape but I restored it all to like new condition. Rebuilt engine and transmission, new suspension and exhaust etc. The photo below was at the All Italian Car show, here in my area.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I've owned a lot of cars; my favorites:

1937 Ford Panel Truck (a stripped fixer, primered, wrecked before I could restore)
    1951 Austin
    1959 MGA
    1955 Pontiac coupe
    1966 VW bug
    1973 VW Super Beetle
    1974 MBZ 240D
    1983 VW GTI
    1989 Toyota Camry
    1990 Acura Legend
    2002 Audi A4
    2006 BMW 330i

Some were new, some were used. Loved them all. Most favorite? The current one. Cars just keep getting better and better.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just ROn had a 1976 Chevy Malibu painted lime green when we met. That's the reason I said yes when he asked me out - how could I turn down a red haired man wearing a plaid flannel shirt driving a lime green car?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Just ROn had a 1976 Chevy Malibu painted lime green when we met. That's the reason I said yes when he asked me out - how could I turn down a red haired man wearing a plaid flannel shirt driving a lime green car?

This was a very wise decision on your part. Men with red Ferraris can never be fully trusted (at least in a woman's heart.) BTW - thank you for bringing up this great thread - To further add to JWN auto history: My first car was a Chevrolet Corvair - a brand new 1967 Corvair Monza 4-speed. It was the closest thing to a Porsche at the time, and I could not afford a Porsche for a couple of years more. I hate Ralph Nader to this day.

• finally awake
    finally awake

My first car was a 1981 Chevy Citation. It was an awful piece of crap. My next car was an 88 Toyota pickup - ran great until it met an untimely death at the rearend of a Buick. In all, Just Ron and I have owned only nine cars in the combined 52 years we've been driving. We keep cars until they die - we still have a 93 Ford F350 crew cab (although we don't drive it much)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit