How HIGH did you climb the ranks as a JW? Did you like the STATUS?

by unshackled 77 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

So what were your biggest JW accomplishments as a rank & file? Curious as to what level you climbed the R&F ladder while in the Org, OR if you still are in.

Did you regular pioneer, or auxiliary pioneer? Bethel? Become an MS or elder? The wise and mature sister? What privileges did you get: mic handling, magazine counter, etc? Answered every meeting, eager to clean the hall, sang your heart out to the Kingdumb Melodies?

Did you feel a sense of status with your accomplishments?

Highest I climbed was receiving privileges such as mic handling, magazine counter, circuit assembly ministry school talks, assembly stage attendant, auxiliary pioneered just twice, read for the Watchtower and Book Studies, got to help baptize a wheelchair confined sister…was rather proud of that one. Might've been close to MS at one point…but then I went bad ("I kissed a girl, and I liked it") and had a judicial committee.

I used to think I was carrying myself humbly running mics or magazine counter. But deep down, it made me proud or cocky…"look at me everyone, I'm doing so good right? You look up to me right? I'm kick ass!"

So keeners…how high did you climb the ranks?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ministerial Servant (Territory Servant, Accounts Servant, Public Speaker)

Bethelite

• Gayle
    Gayle

I got to be a ""housekeeper" at Bethel for 5 yrs,, woohooooo,,love to brag about that,,

• blondie
    blondie

When you are a woman, you can only go as high as your husband...I was a regular pioneer, hubbie an elder. I was not a very good elder's wife.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Auxilliary pioneer. I was reading at the book study even before baptism, then shortly after being baptised, my services were no longer necessary and a sister began reading in my place. For the life of me, I couldn't figure that one out. Was actually kinda' pissed off about it. It was OK when I wasn't official, I get my stripes and I'm benched as a player.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Elder, Service Overseer - the best thing that ever happened to me ..........seeing the way things really worked helped awaken me!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Fortunately, I quickly saw through the idolatry required to achieve any "privileges". I actually rejected holding any position, when they talked to me about "reaching out" and attempted to groom me toward taking on responsibilities. I told the elders in plain terms that I refused to give them or the Society anything to hold against me. If I wanted to grow a beard, I would. If I wanted to listen to heavy metal, I would. If I didn't feel like attending every single meeting, I wouldn't. This led to their and the Society's frustration when I refused to conform to their man-made rules. I wouldn't sign up as a pioneer, even though I more than met the criteria. I wouldn't even be on the "School", because I wouldn't allow them anything to "take away". Not that I would have been upset, but I let them know I wouldn't allow them the satisfaction or perception of feeling like they punished me for not conforming to arbitrary standards of speech, dress, behavior, and thought.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

MS for 11 years. Duties were terriority, maz., maintenance. Elder 24 years. Duties book study conductor, WT overseer, Service overseer, PO , RBC, Temp work at bethel. No I never wanted status for the most part I truly wanted to help people. But all they did was run you down. The WT all they did was but more burden on you. True their was elders who looked for status by greening the hand of the CO. I was not one of them. I always told the CO do not give me parts because I give you a gift. Only had 2 parts in my life at a CA that was the morning text. They love beating a dead horse. I truly believe status was bad maybe if I thought it was good and went after things I would have been more happy. Now I know its a cult I am gald I did not do that. Totally ADD

• designs
    designs

Two Star Elder....

• minimus
    minimus

PO

I liked the status because I was raised to aspire to being "used" in the Organization by "Jehovah".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit