How HIGH did you climb the ranks as a JW? Did you like the STATUS?

by unshackled 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Kensho
    Kensho

aux. pioneer, pioneer, MS, Elder- school overseer all in just 38 yrs.

Very interesting to see a married couple on here TotallyADD and reopenedmind I'll search to see if your story can be found.

Kensho Satori

• Roski
    Roski

special pioneer

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I feel like at MS you're "high" enough to see that the leadership is void of, well, leadership. Being a pack-mule to a gaggle of geriatric janitors for awhile who tell you they speak for God and should be treated like they're Jesus himself lets you realize pretty quick (if you're aware enough to think about it) that the authority of the Borg is all BS.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I regular pioneered and went to pioneer school when I was still single. I wasn't much for commenting. I hated it, actually. Didn't marry anyone who was of importance (actually, he was inactive when we got married). He did start reaching out a couple of years later and had been considered for MS, but the elders felt he wasn't ready and they were wary because of his former "apostate tendencies"...but he had the balls to say he didn't make MS because of ME! Ass.

I have to say I absolutely DESPISED the attention I got being a pioneer. Everything was scrutinized...my speech, my dress, my choices of entertainment...EVERYTHING! I hated that the older pioneers counselled me on my dress. I liked high platform shoes and long skirts (with a modest slit in the leg). I was never showing a ton of skin or anything and I knew some elder's wives who dressed like absolute trollops who no one ever said a damn thing to!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Regular Pioneer 13 years and lots of parts on DC and all assemblies. Husband was an Elder and had lots MORE real talks at DC and Assemblies. Oh and as a SISTER I worked the SOUNDS at the KH! WOW did I rock!

• jam
    jam

Elder in 7yr yrs. Move up in the ranks fast, because I served where

the need was great. Allways felt uneasy as A 29yr old elder counseling

sisters much older in family matters. Did not care for the status, did not

care for the thought that people families are govern by what I tell them.

Just didn,t like the idea, I was having A hard time with my own family, who

was I to tell you what,s best for your family.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Unshackled:

Reopened Mind: Well that's cool...didn't know you and TotallyADD were married. Funny being "first lady of the congregation"....I observed that mentality in a few congregations. Being the PO wife seemed to include being the leader for other sisters. How did that title make you feel? Did you like it?

As I said I was simply amused by the comment. I never considered that I had a position by reason of being anyone's wife. I always thought a position should be earned. Actually I was a little uncomfortable and I never referred to myself as such. I was just Sister Reopened Mind.

Reopened Mind

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Another lowly creature without a penis here...pioneered for five or six years, but I was mostly ignored in the congregation. I would imgaine the reason was because my jw husband was usually on private reproof for doing one crazy thing or another.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Well we sure have a lot of ex-AllStars on here. Missionaries, elders, reg. pioneers, MS, aux. pioneers...and Super Sisters. I was in the minor leagues in comparison.

One thing seems clear...the "higher" you went no one seems to have enjoyed it or revelled in it. As morbidz said "I absolutely DESPISED the attention I got being a pioneer"...or jam as a young elder "Did not care for the status, did not care for the thought that people families are govern by what I tell them."

I'd say my feeling of accomplishment was tied to the social pressures. Plus my "best" work as a JW was in my teens...was desperate for parental approval.

Another lowly creature without a penis here...

LOL jamie.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    As I said I was simply amused by the comment.

Perhaps asking if you "liked it" was unfair. Considering the type of sisters that embraced that "elder's wife" role, it was their old hen personalities that made it so. And boy, were they a pain the ass! My aunt was one of them...an old hen that thought she ruled the other hens...with her rooster. Bad scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit