How many received the memorial invitation?

by IMHO 74 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

I have never been a JW, but am a witness of Jesus who is YHWH (Acts 1:8). I have always had love and burden for JWs (it is one thing to be Hitler and go to hell; it is another thing to want to find God and go there too; JWs are victims of the WT, but without excuse for not searching Scripture apart from indoctrination).

Since I am born again, should I partake to make a point at the Memorial (which I am going to in order to pray and be a witness)? Since the Memorial and WT is an unbiblical sham, should I let it pass (though I partake in a Christian church)? How would a JW react if I took the emblems (I will wear jeans and have a Kingdom Interlinear with me). Would it help or hinder witness? Is there a reasonable chance of dialogue or are they inclined to do there thing and want to go? Will there likely be many non-JWs or inactive ones?

I did receive an invite at the door personally. I mentioned the 1914 changes coming (though the Deity of Christ is the real issue) and she said that at least the WT corrects its mistakes (whatever).

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

No. I do not have any contact with an of my JW family. My husband speaks to his parents occasionally and they have not mentioned it at all. NMKA

• sabastious
    sabastious

They must have me on a do not call list.

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just got mailed one today, even though my wife is a JW and could have invited me. It tells me that the person who used mailed it is probably "getting their time in" by mailing invitations on a rainy day.

Nothing like making sure I planned on going by sending it one day before.

• d
    d

I got one also. Also one of the witness we know came over and asked my family are you guys coming tommorow? Leave us alone.

• Pauline
    Pauline

HA HA HA

THEY point BLANK ME PEEPS SO I DON'T THINK IL BE GETTING ONE THIS YEAR LOL

But an elder seen me in the shop by mine today and said hellooooooooooooooo wooooooooooow maybe policies are changing YET AGAIN LOL

XX

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I found one in my mailbox, same as last year. I'm not anyone's "return visit" and no one in this half of the city has any reason to know I was ever a JW. Are they getting desperate? When I was a JW we were not supposed to give invitations to just anybody or throw them into people's mailboxes. We were only supposed to give them to "sincerely interested ones". Has this changed?

W

• White Dove
    White Dove

Got one from a JW who came looking for deafies at my work.

Yeah, FF, that was the counsel we got around 2000-2006.

Sincerely interested ones and studies only.

• wobble
    wobble

I got one shoved through the door, by an out of territory bro, (his bro. is in our congo) I guess they sent him to my door so he could plead ignorance (quite easy for him, he is ignorant !) they are doing the 30 hour thing, and he was one of that mob I guess.

I also got a personal invite from a sweet old Sis. who I have known all my life, she knocked last night, Friday, around 7pm, I guess she is doing the 30 hour thing too ! But knowing her, she sincerely thought she was doing the loving thing,calling on me personally, it took a bit of courage too, I am known as very knowledgeable and able to put a good case against the Troof.

I think they have been pushed in to a huge effort this year, I don't think in our area they really covered it in previous years, but this year they seem to have accomplished a pretty comprehensive coverage, courtesy of the 30 hour thingy mainly.

What happens as the years roll by ? The effort they have expended this year won't yield much in the way of re-activated ones , or new converts, so next year, and the year after, how are the pushers at H.Q going to motivate them ?

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i received one last saturday. they woke me up with the doorbell, but i knew who i was.... so i didn't get up. they left it in the mailbox.

when i was a jdub, i was the only one i knew for a few years that got a worldy friend to join me.

all the pioneers and elders would come by themselves with their familys.

i wondered why i was successful and they weren't.

i can't handle talking to witnesses anymore. their IQ level is not where mine is and it's like talking to REALLY STUPID UNEDUCATED CHILDREN.

my best reply to them is "Prove what i've told you is a lie. If your truth is "TRUTH" it should be able to stand up to crititism and prove ME wrong."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit