How many received the memorial invitation?

by IMHO 74 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I haven't received any of those dreadful pieces of paper yet, although my mom did mention it to me personally when she was visiting from out of town a while ago...

V665V665

• Poztate
    Poztate

My Wife hasn't "given me" one yet. She just leaves them out strategically where I might see them LOL

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This year will be the first time since 1957 (when I was an infant) that I will not attend the Memorial. My wife as become more active since I decided I had enough with their silly doctrinal changes and lies, but she didn't ask if I was going to attend. Conveniently, Sunday morning I am leaving on a business trip to where all my JW family lives...but I won't be joining them either. I'm sure they would be shocked if they found out I was in town and that I didn't join them for the "most important" AKA only JW celebration of the year.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I got two. But this is the first time in years I've seen any activity around here.

• nugget
    nugget

None received here and I have seen no witnesses in the local area. It seems that our road has not been considered worthy.

• Poztate
    Poztate

When I was a JW we were not supposed to give invitations to just anybody or throw them into people's mailboxes. We were only supposed to give them to "sincerely interested ones". Has this changed?

Interesting... They just stuff them in the doors to everyone now (if NH)... At least in Canada.. EH

I found one in a cat litter box outside last year... Looks like it had been "placed there" on purpose by homeowner.

Wonder when that changed ?

They also shill for the District Conventions in summer by inviting anyone within a thousand mile range to attend.

I am sure they are renting buses as we speak to take care of the overflow crowds... LOL

• JRK
    JRK

One from family.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

OTWO,

I bet it was one of those 30 hour pioneers!

JK

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

i thought i was going to get away unscathed, but when I got home from work last night, there was an invitation under my door. I'm just glad I wasn't home when they came by.

• hirotaka
    hirotaka

Haven't seen and invitation in three years..........printed that is.

This year My son.....who is still in .....just asked me if I was going. I said no why would I which was a mistake as it led into a whole discussion of false doctrines etc...and really ruined our visit together.

We seem to have made up though now even though I am the DF'd Dad

H

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit