Which one of these men will you kill...if either?

by Terry 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

I think there's a flaw in your "conclusion", dear Terry (peace to you!), if I may be so bold. I think that, with some exception, if it was UNDOUBTEDLY known who each gentleman was, more would take action. For example, I don't think I'd have a problem pushing the button for the serial killer if I knew FOR A CERTAIN he WAS the serial killer and WAS going to kill 11 people, including the scientist. Doing so, to me, would be a worthy sacrifice and my "defense" before the Most Holy One of Israel would be he WAS going to kill others... perhaps even a sheep or two... as well as prevent millions of others from living. In that light, my LOVE for the 11 and the cancer victims overruled my FEAR of what would come of me for my action here. My pushing the button to kill the killer, then, wouldn't be based on whether I thought he DESERVED to die... but my love and wish for those whose lives he was going to end to LIVE. I could stand before the face of the Most Holy One of Israel and justify my action.

In addition, I could accept HIS judgment of ME... should that be what occur. I am not afraid to die... or be judged... because I believe God's judgment is righteous. Who am I to contend with what HE says should be my ultimate destiny? If His decision IS that I should die because of my attempt to save the others, then I will die with peace of mind: I did what love prompted me to do... and as far as I'm concerned, love is the greatest law. Since HE taught me that, I would remind Him of that when my judgment is handed down... and I think that would turn back His hand against me.

BUT... I DON'T know which man is which... and so your scenario is asking me to "play" God... and CHOOSE. To GUESS which of these men is the one who "deserves" to live and which "deserves" to die... and act on that guess. Which is not within MY hand to do. The wrong man does not deserve to die simply because I THINK he might be a killer... and because of what he "looks" like, to me. That is judging... which I am not prepared to do.

That's not to say I can't pull a "Nehemiah" and ASK which one. But that's another issue entirely (particularly as to whether my Lord would tell me... AND give me leeway to act on it).

Oh, and I hate that whole looking down upon "passive non-doer(s)". Hitler was active, dear one. As was Stalin. Pol Pot. Idi Amin. Whole lot of active folks in the human race. JFK was active in Vietnam. Georgy Dubya was active as to Iraq. Where's that gotten us?

You should have posed this question to recent POST grads, dear one. You know, newbies who are chompin' at the bit to pull the trigger... or push a button. Not folks who tend to consider violence... of any kind and toward most anybody... as a step BACK in the "evolutionary" process of man.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I just presented this scenario and the choices to my boss. She replied, "I'm sure you have work to do."

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Terry

As some who was trained to make this type of decision, with much less than 10 minutes.

Anyone who would take action in the little test you gave would be unfit to be a police officer.

• tec
    tec

Oh, and I hate that whole looking down upon "passive non-doer(s)". Hitler was active, dear one. As was Stalin. Pol Pot. Idi Amin. Whole lot of active folks in the human race. JFK was active in Vietnam. Georgy Dubya was active as to Iraq. Where's that gotten us?
    You should have posed this question to recent POST grads, dear one. You know, newbies who are chompin' at the bit to pull the trigger... or push a button. Not folks who tend to consider violence... of any kind and toward most anybody... as a step BACK in the "evolutionary" process of man.

This ^^^^^^.

Refusing to commit a wrong act in order to possibly prevent a greater wrong act is not a passive non-act, mind you. It is a very conscious act of refusal to commit or engage in something that is, in itself, a wrong.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    a very conscious act of refusal to commit or engage in something that is, in itself, a wrong.

I mean, like, okkaayyyyyy??? "Here! Here!", my dear sister, and peace to you!

YOUR servant... and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Terry, consider yourself judgmentally questioned on your hypothetically posed query into human psychology.

Shame on you, you unrepentant unredeemed sinner.

May the righteous ones prevail over your sins in glorification to are lord until eternity.

Your servant and fellow disobedient slave .. Amen

• cheerios
    cheerios

easy. lovebomb them into the cong, where they both end up in quick jc's for their life choices and failing to worship the gb ... who then kick them out ... and while they are gnashing their teeth, they kill each other in a murder/suicide from pTSD stemming from the borg

• cheerios
    cheerios

edited double post :(

• unshackled
    unshackled

The ultimate psychological dilemma: If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?

• AGuest
    AGuest

consider yourself judgmentally questioned

No judgment or question, dear TTO (peace to you!). Merely a suggestion, based on dear Terry's (peace to you, as well!) response to the responses he received.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit