Which one of these men will you kill...if either?

by Terry 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

There is some sort of invisible chasm between action and inaction when it comes to making a right decision.

For instance, Voting. In America we don't really get much of a selection of who to vote for because the vetting is rigged

toward established power preselecting who will be allowed into the Good Ole boys club. If a Democrat screws up we rush to fill the slots

with Republicans. The Republicans botch things and who do we run to? More Democrats. That isn't a choice of any meaningful magnitude.

It is a rat race. I opt out.

But, in everyday situations things can be a bit clearer.

I was driving my family through the local Mall parking lot looking for a parking place when I spotted a young man and woman off to the side

of the Mall entrance having an altercation. The guy had the girl pinned to the wall and she was struggling to get free and leave. He was shouting at her

and manhandling her. Something inside me snapped. I stopped the car right in the middle of the road and put on the hazard lights and jumped out and ran over to them. I scolded the guy ferociously for not being a "Real Man" and manhandling a woman. It shamed him and he let her go.

Afterward, when I returned to the car I got scolded for how I went about doing what I did.

Only then did I see I had not thought things out very carefully.

I won't say that such actions are "instinctive" or even unhinged--but, in each of us there is a line that cannot be crossed before we "snap" in some way.

I've done things like this and I can't account for it. Pretty stupid in some ways, perhaps even dangerous...but, admittedly overpowering my reasoning at the time.

Go figure.

That young woman could have easily been a daughter of mine in an abusive realtionship. Whatever...

I just snapped, that's all I know....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Worf, Data (since the Tasha Yar incident), and Picard are my favorites.)

I loved ALL of the versions, dear Tec (peace to you!)... the original first, Next Generation, then Voyager, then Deep Space Nine! My favorite characters of the new "generations" were Worf, Jadzira Dax, Tuvoc, Data, 7of9, Major Kira, Doctor Bashir, and the holographic "Doctor"! I hugely respected all of the Captains (Picard, Janeway, and Sisko)... and who can forget Quark?

Ennywho...

I stopped the car right in the middle of the road and put on the hazard lights and jumped out and ran over to them. I scolded the guy ferociously for not being a "Real Man" and manhandling a woman. It shamed him and he let her go.

This comment has helped me realize... actually, remember... what I would do in your scenario, dear Terry (peace to you!). For 23 years I oversaw low income housing ("projects") throughout the Bay Area and Notherrn Cental California. In that time, I "resolved" a number of "conflicts"... including talking a 14 year old Hispanic boy into giving me his gun (he was going to shoot a 16 year old who had messed around with his girlfriend). In SF, I stopped a older black lady with a very large knife from stabbling a young white guy just outside the BART on Powell Street. I've talked gang members out of commandeering vacant units and drug dealers out of manufacturing and selling drugs on my properties. And one night I stopped a man from literally beating his babies' mama to a pulp with a beer bottle (unfortunately, SHE was not grateful for my interference!).

How did I do all of this? By talking to the people involved, particularly the ones perpetuating the violent acts. Why was I successful? Well, true, I had had some Conflict Resoluting training, but nothing to prepare me for these kinds of situations. No, I listened to what my Lord TOLD me to say... and simply repeated it. In a calm, kind, and respectful manner. In each case no one, including myself, got hurt.

And that is what I would do in your scenario: listen to my Lord and then speak to BOTH men. Then, when the killer was reveal (a few questions should result in that, as the scientist would know things the killer would not and vice versa), I would speak further to that man... and help HIM see the FULL consequences of what he was contemplating... include the effect on his own life... and possibly his loved ones.

I realize that you might think, "Not everyone will listen," and that's true. But that is what I would do: try to resolve the matter without ANYONE needing to die, which IS possible.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Terry
    Terry

I realize that you might think, "Not everyone will listen," and that's true. But that is what I would do: try to resolve the matter without ANYONE needing to die, which IS possible.

What questions would you ask that would cause a Serial Killer to reveal themselves to you so easily? I'm curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit