re-enforcing the shunning of immediate family - WT 7-15-11

by undercover 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

"Our hearts go out to these parents." Yeah. For about as long as it takes to read that sentence. They skip right over any of the emotional impact and simply place the blame on the DF'd kid. They cannot grasp the emotional pain that this puts people through. I know it firsthand. Their being out of touch with reality was something I always noticed, long, long before I started having doubts. They're looking for robots who only resemble human beings.

Oh, right--take comfort in this, exemplary parents! If this was Israel (or if the Watchtower ruled the world), you would have to pick stones and pelt your disobedient child to death! Could be worse, right? Eh?

--sd-7

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This issue is what divides the ones who are fooled, and the ones who are just plain cowards among the rank and file.

When I was an MS, an employee of mine got df'd, for the usual, having sex. The elders met with me and wanted to know if I was going to fire him.

I said no. He doesn't need anymore chaos in his life, and besides, it is illegal and unethical. They weren't happy, but so what.

A few years later, I hired a brother who was df'd after he interviewed with me; he told me he was going to work at being reinstated. He was also an emotional mess.

The elders met with me again, and were now really angry.

They said:

"Anyone who hires a disfellowshiped person has no spirituality." That is an exact quote.

I said that was their opinion, but not mine.

They STILL did not remove me.

So all this invective against the df'd ones, is BLUSTER.

They WILL NOT take action against those who associate with their disfellowshiped family.

And witnesses who go along with it are not listening to hear the difference between what NY wants, and what they will prosecute.

Those are 2 completely different things.

PISTOFF

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm with Mary on this. I think this needs to be made public as much as possible.

I'll make a few copie and show it to some of my workmates, who all knew me "when." I'll tell them, "this is a clue as to why I left. Check out their latest information regarding immediate family who step away."

I think this is great they are digging in their heels. (Not for the families, my heart goes out to them...and I'm curious how my COBE/elder older brother is going to respond). But it shows the disconnect to humanity the WTBS has. No wonder the congos are getting colder and colder (so I hear). The WTBS corp doesn't give a hoot about its devotees, the young, the elderly, the families, the couples, the singles. They follow the example of the god they worship to a tee. He could care less about the suffering through the centuries, but will quickly execute anybody he feels like...anytime and for any perceived indiscretion.

• jam
    jam

If one was raise in the cult. and never baptize and he told his mom

he do not want to be apart of that religion, and do not want to label

as A apostate. What,s the WT veiw. It make sense why his mom and

sisters have been pressuring him lately to come back, the Wt 7-15

re-enforcing.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

This absolutely infuriates me!

This is going to speak right to my exemplary christian parents who regularly associate with their 4 apostate and DF'ed kids. They are in their twilight years and love when we come over on the weekends. When my sister and I were there last weekend making dinner for them, my dad said "It is like an embarrassment of riches having both my daughters with me today." They will be so torn, probably cut us all off for awhile; spending their weekends crying about their lost children and wondering how life went so wrong.

The men that wrote those paragraphs are without a doubt F****** EVIL!!!!!

• undercover
    undercover
    So all this invective against the df'd ones, is BLUSTER.
    They WILL NOT take action against those who associate with their disfellowshiped family.
    And witnesses who go along with it are not listening to hear the difference between what NY wants, and what they will prosecute.
    Those are 2 completely different things.

Ya know, that coincides with the new elder's handbook which says on page 116:

If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scriptures. Review with them information from the "God's Love" book... "The Watchtower".... or the article "Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped" in the August 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry. If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judicially unless there is a persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfelloshipping decision.

They're just trying to bully the sheeple into obeying, using fear of displeasing Jehovah as their motivation, when in their own handbook it states that no judicial action will take place for just associating with DFd relatives.

Fucking bastards.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Today, Jehovah does not immediately execute those who violate his laws.

Then why should parents spiritually execute their sons and daughters by stopping association?

• nugget
    nugget

There is the old thought that in Israel we would all be dead so loyal parents have to consider us as dead. It is disgusting and unkind. I read real control here there is so much out there to warn JWs that their religion is bunkum that the GB has to impose spiritual blinkers on their people. It makes me so sad that people will sincerely try to follow this direction. It will make it hard for spouses with unbelieving mates and for anyone wanting to fade I forsee much pain for the rank and file going forward.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This whole magazine seems to be a finger in the dam that is leaking all over the place.

Witnesses are finding out the truth about the truth everywhere. On the internet and on TV is one thing.

But now many are finding out about it from their grown children, thus causing more long timers to leave.

Information control at all costs- even your family.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Terry: "He called them names, sure. But, he faced off with them. He had dialogue with them. He answered their questions."

And Jesus did it in public with the dialogue recorded in the Bible. Even the Bronze Age Israelites knew justice would be best served by conducting legal matters in the public forum of the city gates, so that everyone would understand what was done and why. JW elder/janitors need to do it in secrecy with no recording devices allowed in the windowless backroom because these men are part of a cult.

Something I found odd, this subject is stuck in an article entitled "God's Rest--Have You Entered Into It?" This article really doesn't have anything to do with "God's rest", it's all a thinly veiled threat. The first paragraph concludes:

In this article, we will review a few areas in which our willingness to fit in with God’s purpose—to be obedient from the heart—could be put to the test.

Instead of framing the discussion as a defense of disfellowshipping, they bring out the stick and carrot... If you want a pet lion in God's paradise, you better stay away from your DFed kids, and act happy about it. And if you dare to question our disfellowshipping policy, God will drop rocks on your head.

The picture in the article is extra sad. Really, "The parents are devastated!" since the parents "had a choice, and [they] chose to pursue [a JW-cult driven] unchristian lifestyle rather than to continue to enjoy close association with [their flesh-and-blood son, given them from God]."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit