re-enforcing the shunning of immediate family - WT 7-15-11

by undercover 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

Lets say I hate Apples, I mean, lets say I really hate Apples. You eat Apples right? Well in order for me to associate with you I need to know that you are not going to just whip an Apple out at any moment, because I can't handle the sight or smell of them; especially when someone crunches down on them...disgusting... In fact, I don't even like it that you eat them when I am not around. I tell you that you need to solemnly promise to me that you will never eat Apples again or else our relationship is over.

You decide that I am crazy and tell me that I can't tell you what you can and cannot eat. You tell me that it's abusive to hold our friendship over your head over such an issue. So you tell me to get professional help and hope that I get better so that we can reconnect. Is it logical for me to blame you for the end our friendship?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

sorry, had to edit last post, it was jacked up grammer.

-Sab

• journey-on
    journey-on

There will come a time in their life when they will suddenly know with absolute certainty that they have listened to the words of man. They will realize that it was they themselves that destroyed their family, not the one that left the man-made-book-publishing-disguised-as-a-religion-real-estate-investment-business. They will burn with the inner torment of what they did to their gift of family and realize that all those scriptures that were used to support this unnatural act of shunning had been twisted and misapplied all the while thinking they were winning points with God. So sad.

• Listener
    Listener

Minimus said

My mom's sister died yesterday. In my mother's tears she said to me, "If I had to make a choice of never talking to you again because they told me I couldn't, or dying now, I'd rather die now!"
    Isn't that TERRIBLE????

Oh Minimus that brought tears to my eyes. It is terrible and terrible all round, from both sides. To think they do this to families all the time, the number of families this has affected are great.

There are no winners, just losers.

• LV101
    LV101

I HATE THIS SICK CULT AND I pray God punishes them. Must be plenty of money still coming in because they aren't becoming more user friendly or mainstreaming.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Hadit:

Beautiful. I hope your words reach many a heart and mind ...

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

HadIt, that was powerful.

Truly, truly ...

Syl

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Today, Jehovah does not immediately execute those who violate his laws

Well Jehovah can suck my d!kc

• jeckle
    jeckle

I didn't read all the posts yet but I will. I had a thought tho while raeding this and some posts on this topic.I think it is good that they start saying more hard line and wierd and horrible stuff. the thought being and I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but it may be part of their undoing.I don't know if I am expressing this the way i see it and for that matter it may be wishful thinking.Certainly it willtake more than one f'ed up doctrine, but the crazier they are the better for us. I mean in another thread on a similar thread they insinuate "apostates have mental problems or disorders" which by the way is insulting to people with mental or emotional problems. i mean really ! What i mean is, that they think we're crazy but the more they talk they proove that they are the crazy ones and we're really the voices of reason. And your average person off the street is gonna start to see that. hopefully! Just keep them talking.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for posting the full article... Now I know what to have available if/when the JWs call at my door during the big pre-Memorial push...

"... and a minor child or children may not abandon their father or their mother just because he becomes unfaithful to God and his theocratic organization..."

Now, by "he", do they mean the child???

What if the child can obtain shelter with a sympathetic, NON-Jehovah's Witness relative?? [As was the case with my non-JW relatives, had I only known about it...]

Is the Watchtower gloating over the 'minor' child's inability to get away from the JW family, thereby increasing the odds of a 'relapse' into the cult??

As for the rest of the article, I think that the first paragraph is bone-chilling in its blood-thirsty aspects:

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization..."

That's the Governing Body's wet dream...

I can already smell the poisoned Kool-aide... And I'm making a prediction: some JW, somewhere, is going to kill an apostate or disfellowshipped family member, as a result of this article.

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit