re-enforcing the shunning of immediate family - WT 7-15-11

by undercover 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

What really gets me these days is that they dont even acknowledge the pain that they're inflicting on families with their rules and regulations. Not for a second. Cruel and appalling.

Loz x

• Dagney
    Dagney

Poor Jehovah, feeling bad about families attempting to remain families.

Yet thousands die each day from hunger, war and disease and not a peep from the guy.

"Let them all die! I'm hurt because John and Mary Smith are not really conducting "necessary family business" with John Jr."

Makes perfect sense!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Poor Jehovah, feeling bad about families attempting to remain families.

Yet thousands die each day from hunger, war and disease and not a peep from the guy.

"Let them all die! I'm hurt because John and Mary Smith are not really conducting "necessary family business" with John Jr."

Makes perfect sense!

really does put things in perspective!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Suppose, for example, that the only son of an expemplary Christian couple leaves the truth.

Exemplary Christian couple ...

Hmmm ...

Translation: Watch it! Lest you fall from your exemplary status and become just another of those fringe JW's.

They're good. Oh, they're really good.

Bastards!

Syl

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

INFURIATING.

Heart-breaking.

So tragic for so many people...

It's evil. Pure evil.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sigh...it was bound to happen - the screws are tightening something fierce over there in Brooklyn. I wish djeggnog would quit writing this crap.

• Quendi
    Quendi

The article claims the son had a choice. That isn't true. The policy for disfellowshipping is quite clear. If the serious offense is committed once, then the "repentant sinner" should be publicly reproved. If there was more than one occurrence, then the sinner must be disfellowshipped. No exceptions. But even if this adult child didn't agree with the Society's definition of "sin", it doesn't follow that he is a sinner or that he doesn't love God and his family. The noose is getting tighter around the necks of those still trapped in this cult. If this is the way they feel about family members, what does this say about those who aren't related by blood but have a close and loving friendship? Obviously, the Society doesn't think that friendship should be preserved either.

I noticed that this excerpt did not cite a single scripture to support the organization's stance. Now, maybe there were some in the complete text. But even if that is so, we can be sure the passages were taken out of context and twisted well beyond their original intent or meaning. But this is not the way the rank-and-file Witness will view it, more's the pity. Well, the day of reckoning is coming for the WTS and it will reap what it has sown. I only hope that I am still alive when it dawns!

Quendi

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Suppose, for example, that the only son of an expemplary Christian couple leaves the truth.
    Exemplary Christian couple ...
    Hmmm ...
    Translation: Watch it! Lest you fall from your exemplary status and become just another of those fringe JW's.
    They're good. Oh, they're really good.
    Bastards!
    Syl

Judgemental bastards! That is just what I was thinking!

What if it was the only son of a just regular Christian couple, instead of an 'exemplary' Christian couple? Would we feel a little less sympathy for them? I suppose so, otherwise why mention 'exemplary?'

Man, this really, really, really gets me so angry!

• cantleave
    cantleave

If anyone thought GBII were going to take a more liberal stance on doctrine and discipline, this is proof it aint gonna happen!

Just as hardline, just as bizzare, just as dangerous.

• undercover
    undercover

I noticed that this excerpt did not cite a single scripture to support the organization's stance.

To be fair, Quendi, I only quoted certain sentences and I left out all the scriptural references.

If you read just the quoted parts, it is disgusting. But the WTS doesn't come right out and speak that plainly. They wrap it all up in several paragraphs of shit so that the import of the message sneaks in to the faithful without raising alarms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit