re-enforcing the shunning of immediate family - WT 7-15-11

by undercover 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Who is our example? Jesus.

Who did Jesus shun in his ministry?

The religious leaders in his day could by any standards be called Apostate to pure worship. Yet--Jesus did NOT shun them.

He called them names, sure. But, he faced off with them. He had dialogue with them. He answered their questions.

Jesus is the example.

JESUS is the example.

HOW DARE THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY put their fraidy cat opinions ahead of JESUS!!!!

By continuing to mix with "Apostates" in everyday settings Jesus demonstrated the way of Truth: meet it face to face and over come lies WITH HONEST DIALOGUE.

Jesus was not interested in shutting people down or keeping them at bay. Jesus was not a stonewalling personality. Jesus was INCLUSIVE.

Jesus was the fine shepherd who was willing to leave the safety of numbers and go out after the strays.

Apostate, to Jesus, was "stray sheep."

Everybody deserved a chance.

How many times? Seventy TIMES seventy.

Compare this to the hide-in-the-closet and shun attitude preached by the Governing Body.

The reality of the situation is pretty clear.

• Simon
    Simon

Typical how they automatically try and link 'leaving the WTS' with 'living an unchristian lifestyle'.

I know far fewer people who are divorced or separated now than when we were in the org. What does that tell you ...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

As always Terry, well put man. Wow.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I hate how they state that everyone who leaves, leaves for "the temporary enjoyment of sin".

• Gayle
    Gayle

On one side of their mouths they say all that yet on the other side they say:

The following quote is taken from the article “Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion?” in the July 2009 Awake p29: “No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.”

• Mary
    Mary
    The religious leaders in his day could by any standards be called Apostate to pure worship. Yet--Jesus did NOT shun them.

It also worked vice versa: No matter how much the religious leaders hated Jesus and all he stood for, there is no indication in the scriptures that they shunned him or ordered other Jews to shun him.

And naturally they lump every single person who leaves as being a whore-mongering, drug addicted, Satan worshipper. Actually, this article shows that there is (obviously) a problem with Witnesses talking to DF'd family members and the goons at the top are trying desperately to shore up their dwindling numbers by alienating any potential threat to those who are still in.

I always think it's a great idea to make several copies of this crap and distribute it to various churches in the area so that they can see for themselves how petty and pathetic Jehovah's Witnesses are.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Compare this

"...their son had a choice, and he chose to pursue his unchristian lifestyle rather than to continue to enjoy close association with his parents..."

With this
    “No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.”
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

The character assasination of disfellowshiped ones just keeps on rolling.

They are the true untouchables.

How about this for my wife's oh so righteous family:

YOU walk around the kingdom hall and have to greet an ELDER you actually caught peeping in your own window.

Of course, he denied it, and the elders threatened you with df'ing if you pursued it. 5 other young sisters have mentioned peeping toms, but of course you listen to the elders and keep your mouth shut.

It must just be pure hell to have to see him every meeting.

Yes, well, my son is not a peeping tom, or a liar; he is many years clean of drugs, the reason he was df'd. His only crime is he has decided to not be a witness.

But you have to greet the peeping tom, and have decided to shun my son, and will apparently soon shun me because I associate with him.

Really, have you ever just tried to think that through??

• minimus
    minimus

My mom's sister died yesterday. In my mother's tears she said to me, "If I had to make a choice of never talking to you again because they told me I couldn't, or dying now, I'd rather die now!"

Isn't that TERRIBLE????

• carla
    carla

This article just pisses me off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit