How Many JWs Have You known Who Have Commited Suicide?

by Was New Boy 81 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Two in Olka. and one in Calif...

• jam
    jam

While cheaking for info last nite I came across this site Staggeron.Org

Fire & Brimstone. A news article from Palmdale Calif. If this have been

posted I apologize. "Women tries to Kill children and self to avoid

the tribulation."March 19, 2011.

Palmdale women slit her daughters throats before slitting her own,

claiming that the Tribulation was going to occur and she wanted

to pervent them from suffering. The vivtims were treated at

the Antelope Valley Hospital for moderate though non-life

threatening injuries and released to custody of Dept. of

children.s service. Was she A JW????

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that was already posted on I don't tink it is conclusive. sounds like a JW but?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

kjw53 said:

And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide????? In which religion are there not aposters??? In which religion are their no pedophiles ???? Not one- so you are just targeting Jw,s out of fear of feeling dead inside of yourselves. guilt and fear come from the inside of a person it makes them reason wrongly in the 4% of brain that is being used, one of satans greatest weapons against the weak.

Ignoring your complete retarded ignorance about the 4% of the brain being used (which what the hell does that have to with this thread anyways - even though it's total rubbish) - you make an interesting point.

'Which religion does no one commit suicide?' The answer that the watchtower would love to give would be ... themselves, Jehovah's Witnesses. They love to brag that they are the happiest people on the earth. That the religion brings every single member joy and inner peace that could not be obtained anywhere else. That the Bible, with their interpretation and unique doctrines of it, helps every one solve their problems and deal with them better than anybody else of any other religion or belief system. JWs say that in the congregation, holy spirit is flowing - and that no problem any JW ever faces could be one that JWs, the congregation, the Bible & WT publications, lots and lots of door to door, prayer to a guy that doesn 't ever talk back, etc. etc. ... they say all of these activities combined on a regular basis will solve any problem of any JW member.

It's possible, like you said, that JWs don't have any more suicides than the rest of the world's religions. They sure don't have any less though. But that certainly makes their claims of the happiest people on the earth invalid. And that makes them no better or any different than any other religion.

So, even though you're taking an apologetic side, you help make the point that JWs are really no different and receive no extra blessings from God than any other religion.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I can only speak with my experiance in life... I was suicidal most of my JW life and would never consider it now!

• kjw53
    kjw53

Just n from Bethel-- In a sense that they know they have truth and have the opportunity to recieve eternal life can give them happiness- but on the other side of the coin when they also know that many will perish at Harmageddon including family members can take a toll emotionally and mentally- Afterall they are just imperfect humans using 4% of their brains as well. Some weaker than others-under constant attack from satan and the unbelievers- It is very hard for ones trying to live and do the will of God and live righteously in a world such as this, satan is the god of this system of things- i know i personally cannot stand what this world has let itself become-its almost shameful to be called human in this world today. Yes some commit suicide, probably because they reason wrong in their 4%. And Satan is very crafty, he has seen it all, he was there before humans existed, he knows how to push buttons-he got to Gods elite many times-he made millions of perfect angels fall. And the biggest problem for the 4% usage is that he transforms into an angel of light. He poses as God in all false religions.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Hey kjw53 - the next time you want to quote that 4% nonsense - why don't you provide citations. And quit derailing the topic. If you really think humans use only 4% of their brain - start another thread on it and post your proof. In the meantime, I don't know where you get this 4%, I've heard JWs say 10% - but guess what - that is wrong too. Get your facts straight.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

Anyway - back on topic, you are not really coherent (might ask your TMS overseer to have you work on that), so I'm going to try make your words more clear: You're saying

1) Some JWs kill themselves because they are too sad about the impending armageddon killing all their friends and family.

2) Other JWs kill themselves because they see this world as so bad - even though they're in JW's organization - they just can't handle it with their tiny brains.

3) Other JWs kill themselves because Satan causes them too.

And all that above, somehow means that JWs as a religion, are still better than other religions, because their reasons for killing themselves are different than those in other religions and belief systems????

I'm not sure if this even deserves a response. To any lurking JW out there, you likely see how absolutley insane the JWs reasoning skills are with the above post - yet that is what they have to do to keep on believing they have the truth.

It's obvious that no special holy spirit can help JWs who, according to this poster kjw53 who sounds like he's 12, they have limited brain power. IF a group of people claim that they are happier than other people, you would think they would have SIGNIFICANTLY less mental disorders, and on both a relative and absolute scale - extremely less suicides. But that is not that case with the JWs, so what does that tell you about God being their happifying leader.

In the end JWs have nothing to distinguish them from any other religions when it comes to a lower suicide rate. A religion that claims to have holy spirit and the "truth" to help every member overcome, or as so often stated now at assemblies, to endure, their problems - should have noteworthy numbers of people not even thinking about suicide. But I can tell you as a former bethelite and elder, I have personally witnessed many full-on-full believers contemplate and attempt suicide - and not for any of the reasons this kid kjw53 states above. Also, I've observed more suicide attempts in the JW faith than in any other secular organization I've been a part of. I've never seen a group of people on so many on anti-depressants.

IF, as kjw53 points out, their hope of God killing off all nonJWs depresses people so much that some want to kill themselves (which I doubt is actually the case for most JW attempted suicides - how'd you like to have kjw53 as your shrink) - then how again, is this the true religion???? Also - as for the whole satan pushing people to suicide, that's not what the WT says. Lately at every assembly there has been at least one mention that Satan does not want to kill JWs - cause they'll just get resurrected.

Finally as for the world being so bad - that might actually have some effect on JWs - except for one thing - it's not true. It's not as black and white as JWs reinforce over and over in their members. The world isn't near as bad as JWs make it out to be - but because they program members to believe this, when the JW members can't measure up to being a JW, they think there is no place left for them since the world is soooo bad, so ... perhaps some do contemplate suicide because of that. If this is the case for some JWs, it only means one thing - that JWs actually are more at risk for suicide than other religions because nobody else teaches this worldview - as it is simply not true. So in such cases, what that really means, is that when it comes to suicide, JWs are not only the same as all other religions, but probably worse - and any religion that would cause their own members to be susceptible to a higher suicide risk - is certainly not from God.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Kj, i also need to point out that time and again the branch gives examples of people who were Going to commit suicide and were stopped by becoming one of jehovahs witnesses. If becoming a JW were to prevent suicide, why would any jw ever commit suicide?

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I know of several.

One was a 17 year old boy who hung himself.

One was a 36 year old man (inactive) who drowned himself. (We grew up with him).

Another was a 40 year old man, again drowned.

My best friend overdosed at age 16 (survived).

My ex husband overdosed at age 14 (survived).

My sister and I have both attempted twice (obviously survived but it was close).

• jay88
    jay88

JNFB-Lately at every assembly there as been at least one mention that Satan does not want to kill JWs - cause they'll just get resurrected.

And I thought this statement was regional

jay,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit