How Many JWs Have You known Who Have Commited Suicide?

by Was New Boy 81 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Two people that I personally knew at Bethel, left Bethel and later committed suicide.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

A couple of them:

- A young man (and his siblings) were sexually abused by their father and never reported on to the authorities even after lengthy judicial committee's. He (the father) is still a free man.

- A young man (pioneer, ms) who was never able to find a mate in the truth, never was accepted to bethel and eventually got DF'ed for having a girlfriend outside the truth, killed himself a week later.

- A young girl hung herself after coming out lesbian and causing 'reproach on her family' that made her father step down as an elder.

• d
    d

I do not know of any. But I know a friend of mine, ( he no longer talks to me) was commited to mental ward.

• pirata
    pirata
    And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide?????

You're right. The same problem is common to all religions.

In which religion are there not aposters???

You're right. Many people change their beleifs throughout their lives, making them apostates. JWs are more unique in that regards since they pressure family members not to speak to or show natural love to family members living outside the immediate household who have changed their beliefs. Of course there's that "I love you so I ignore you so that you come to your senses" thing they call love.

In which religion are their no pedophiles ????

You're right. Also a problem in many religions.

Not one- so you are just targeting Jw,s out of fear of feeling dead inside of yourselves. guilt and fear come from the inside of a person it makes them reason wrongly in the 4% of brain that is being used, one of satans greatest weapons against the weak.

This is a JW discussion board after all. If you want to target other religions you'll need to read the Awake! and Watchtower, or go to a different message board specific to that religion.

Were in the bible does it say that one's of Satan's greatest weapons against the weak is reasoning wrongly in 4% of the brain?

--------

Back to the subject of this thread: I personally know of two suicides.

• scary21
    scary21

PublishingCult.........Ditto. I myself have never known any Jw who killed themselves.

Sherry

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

two come to mind. both men that left families behind.

I tried 3 times, and was to the point when I decided to change my life instead of ending it.

I know 3 sisters that tried

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I can think of two.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I knew a sister with 3 young children under 5. She took a bottle of pills, while her hubby was at work and all the kids were at home. She was pronounced DOA to the hospitial.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Each year someone should compile the amount of known suicides within the witness ranks. It would be an eyeopener I am sure.

• moshe
    moshe

All JWs commit mental suicide, it's called death by a thousand cuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit