How Many JWs Have You known Who Have Commited Suicide?

by Was New Boy 81 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I know of 3, personally.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I know of at least one...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

At least 5 people, ranging from 14 yrs old to 26,

2 guys who were gay and of course their families had to disown them under direction of the WTS.

The WT cult has a way of controlling a persons psychology with persuasive digression, disregarding human compassion and empathy.

The ancient civilization of the Israelites didn't know anything about human psychology either did they.

• kjw53
    kjw53

And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide????? In which religion are there not aposters??? In which religion are their no pedophiles ???? Not one- so you are just targeting Jw,s out of fear of feeling dead inside of yourselves. guilt and fear come from the inside of a person it makes them reason wrongly in the 4% of brain that is being used, one of satans greatest weapons against the weak.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide????? In which religion are there not aposters??? In which religion are their no pedophiles ???? Not one- so you are just targeting Jw,s out of fear of feeling dead inside of yourselves. guilt and fear come from the inside of a person it makes them reason wrongly in the 4% of brain that is being used, one of satans greatest weapons against the weak.

Turn off that program that types that hateful Watchtower rederick for you and speak for yourself.

-Sab

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I knew a former elder who hung himself. I knew a young sister who was a former regular pioneer, was used on assembly programs and what not. She left the car on in the garage and waited until the fumes killed her. I knew a young brother who was very intelligent, but somewhat awkward socially. The official record of how he died was that it was an accident, and i don't want to give any details on that accident. Many who knew him, including myself have questioned whether it really was an accident, and whether or not it really was a suicide. We'll never know I guess.

On Sunday I went out in field service before the meeting, and I worked with an older brother who's a dear friend of mine. He was relaying to me some specifics on a sister who committed suicide when I was a child. I don't remember her, but I know some of her relatives. Her father was physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive towards his children and wife. He was never a JW, but his wife hung in there with him despite the turmoil within that household. From what I understand her children upon entering adulthood, held a resentment towards her ever since. When she became elderly and unable to take care of herself, one of them refused to do anything for her. That resentment continued even up until this woman's deathbed. The daughter came to the memorial for her at the Hall, but there really wasn't any love lost.

• unshackled
    unshackled

In which religion are there not aposters???

Not sure what an 'aposter' is. Someone who only uses 4% of their brain?

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide????? In which religion are there not aposters??? In which religion are their no pedophiles ????

So you admit that no religion is without evil in their ranks? You said it yourself, so why is the Watchtower any different than any of them in this regard? How can it be said that it has exceptional moral standards? And why would God allow this in HIS organization? Talking about pedophiles and suicides in other relgions sure as hell invalidates them, doesn't it? If child-molesting Bishops are enough to close your mind to say, Catholicism, then the WTS has them beaten...Why are they so pure and different again?

Not one- so you are just targeting Jw,s out of fear of feeling dead inside of yourselves.

Please, do explain. I thought only Jehovah knows what's in our hearts. You claim to know, not only our/my intentions in opposing your viewpoints, but how we feel inside.

guilt and fear come from the inside of a person it makes them reason wrongly in the 4% of brain that is being used, one of satans greatest weapons against the weak.

I thought guilt and fear came from our God-given moral conscience? You mean it doesn't? And we do NOT use %4 of the brain. Wouldn't that mean Jehovah UN-intelliegently designed us? And how is guilt one of Satan's weapons? Shame is what we're supposed to feel when we do something bad, isn't it, kjw53?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Yes, well, all of us here have come out of the WTBTS, and not some other religion, now haven't we? And because we share that common experience, we get to discuss how WT teachings, attitudes, beliefs and actions effected us and our lives, and you don't get to invalidate it. We have earned our right to discuss these things. What makes our experiences unique and so utterly different than most other religions is that these things we refer to were NOT supposed to have existed in Jehovah's organization. Jehovah's people are suppose to be a happy people living in a spiritual paradise. We have the right to discuss the ironies and the inconsistencies unique to the lies we were brainwashed and coerced into believing. So, shut up, please.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And in which religion on the planet does no one commit suicide?????

And isn't that a supporting statement for all religions !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit