The last meeting you ever went to.......

by watersprout 58 Replies latest jw friends

• JDAWG
    JDAWG

sept 2003 - when I 1st started reading JWN.

I wish :( still going strong today, dammit. wed, April 6, 2011. sux.

JDAWG

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith
    1) the "sheep" being compared to a baby elephant chained to a stake who grew big enough to pull up the stake but was conditioned not to.

Blondie-I can't believe they used that one from the stage. Somebody was dense! The first time I heard that was from a client and I remember thinking, "OMG, I'm the elephant. Trained to accept without question." I wrote a blog about it here:

http://forsakingrestraint.com/2010/09/13/end-of-the-rope/

My last meeting at the Kingdom Hall was my dads funeral. I knew I would never go back. Before that the convention last summer was the last thing I attended. That was a couple weeks after going out in service for the last time and thinking, "What the hell am I doing here?" The convention talked about how we should humble ourselves and not think to highly of ourselves. And Then in one talk they had two experiences: one of a family who had lost everything, including their home, in the recession but were grateful to Jehovah for helping them further their Kingdom interests. Right after their experience another family gets up and talks about how Jah found them a business to support them and their pioneering and how grateful they are he has blessed them. WTF!! Whose getting blessed here? The one who lost everything or the one who is faithful enough to have work. Is the other brother not faithful enough for Jah to find him work so he can feed his family? Isn't it more likely Jah doesn't have anything to do with it?

Anyway, I found out later I was the only one listening. My hubby was listening to Harry Potter on his ipod, and my son and nephew were listening to music. They were all there because I dragged them there.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

memorial 2006

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I wish there was a last meeting I ever had to go to. They are so boring, specially when the CEO goes on and on about shit we already talked about. And there's always the asshole that brings some bullshit up and makes the meeting eat into my titty bar time.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The memorial 1989. I went with a boyfriend who was a df'd jw. We went to a hall where no one knew us. I don't remember much of anything other than the boyfriend was slightly drunk. I think he needed to feel numb just to get through the pointless exercise. I can't believe it was my freakin' idea to go.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The last one I ever went to was when I took Egg, cuz she wasn't done with the foreign language of it, yet, and wanted to keep learning.

It was the last one for both of us.

We walked out when the WT study said that people who leave the truth are arrogant and stubborn and want to do things THEIR way, instead of Jehovah's way.

We thought that was arrogant on THEIR part, instead.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

April 12, 2006. The Memorial and also my 20th wedding anniversary. My husband was giving the talk - I sat in the back row of the back room with my two daughters knowing this was the last one. I was tired of a marriage that centered around a religion and it's members. The 3 of us always came last - I was through with the marriage, the KH, the religion, the so called friends and the town. I walked out on it all that night.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

June 13th 2010 - after attending 2 of the 3 days of the DC. I was shocked by the lack of reaction when the brother explained the new meaning of "generation" during the WT review. As this wasn't enough, during the final talk the crowd was told that today's anointed were part of the original generation that would not pass before the end - then no reaction except for some nodding their head in sign of approval! I realized that only people prisoner of a cult could accept such a fundamental doctrinal without questioning it. There are no members of the GB left from the 1914 era...most if not all were born after 1935 - another teaching they had to change to cover up their lies. But for cult members, 2 lines in the WT are enough to adjust their belief...it's in the WT and it comes from God because they say so.

• d
    d

The last one i went to was on November of 2008.The talk was guarding your Sprituality.I could not wait to leave, those were some stresful times.Also it was my first college semester, so I was balancing school with meetings.Today being a full time college student, I just could not do it.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

my last meeting january 1992, id not been to the meetings for about 6months, (i was ill supposedly).

forced myself back. 2weeks later i was sat at the back of the meeting, thinking to myself

"thats it i will never walk in to a kingdom hall again"

i was very calm, relaxed, happy with my decision.

got up after the prayer. said goodbye to anyone who i cared for...

and i have never been back, and never regretted it.

years later i met a former "bruver" who was a good pal who i said goodbye to that night.

and he said he could tell by the way i said goodbye to him, that i would not be back.

he's also been left for many years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit