The last meeting you ever went to.......

by watersprout 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The last meeting was the best as I got to swear at the top of my voice and everyone just stopped what they were doing and I was the focus of the attention for once There was a young lad who was kicking and pushing my kids at every meeting we went to, well the time came and I was already in a bad mood before going to the meeting. So I was ready for this jerk to start the usual crap on my kids. Low and behold it kicked off just after the meeting and he had stamped on my youngest daughters foot, she came to me crying and I said was it that arse who did it, yes she answered. I turned to this boys mom and let rip what I thought of her and her kids.. She was shocked and I was swearing at her etc.. At this point sleeping beauty came over to drag me out of the hall.

It felt good what I did because all the JW's at my hall were tow the line and goody 2 shoes. News got round very fast about this outburst of mine and the elders were not impressed, we moved house just after and have not been to another meeting since.

HHG

• watersprout
    watersprout

Thanks for all your comments! Really enjoyed reading all your experiences.

HHG did it feel good to release all that pent up anger and frustration?? Would have loved to have seen the r&f's faces. lol

Peace

• chickpea
    chickpea

it was about 4 or 5 years ago

i had deliberately traveled out of the country
    to visit a non-JW friend with the intention of
    going to memorial as a sign of respect to the
    "arrangement" to please jah, and wanted
    complete anonymity so as to avoid the
    "we never see you at meetings anymore"
    denigrating BS at the KH i had attended......

i "heard" the talk for the first time with crystal clarity....
    i saw the snooty behavior of elders and their wives,
    unruly children and an overall lack of anything genuine
    and i walked out of there at the last note of the last
    song thinking to myself "I am so over this sh!t"

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

It felt well good! The look on the faces was a picture, and I new then that was the last time we were going to that hall. These people make me sick.

Glad we made the move and everyone please consider this . If you still go just to please family that is not doing you any good. We did this and now we don't go none of the family contact us ever not even my dad or brother... want anything to do with us. Do you think that's evidence of gods organisation at work.

Watersprout do you ever have meet ups in your part of the midlands because I think you know where we live in the UK and it would be great to have a meet up in the midlands with anyone who want's to. Me and sleeping beauty are going to cantleaves party later in the month and it would be good to hold something similar closer to home..

Take care

HHG

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Watersprout, this brought back a recent memory (about 2 months ago) that really was embarassing.

I haven't been to the meetings in a while, and haven't been out in FS in a year, I forgot I left my FS bookbag in the trunk of my car. A trunk where I hardly ever open anymore. But one day I had to pick up a colleague up from the airport. I pull over, hop out, welcome him, open the trunk..... and guess what is sprawled out and covering the ENTIRE trunk??? Watchtowers and Awakes!!!! I almost freaked out. The guy just looked in and there was an awkward silence for about a minute. I just excused the mess of my trunk and some lame attempt to say I haven't been in it for months...

Anyway, nothing tragic, but still quite embarassing.The last meeting I went to was the first Sunday of this past January. It was at least 2 months before that since my last meeting and of course everyone was in love bomb mode. I was very cold towards people and someone said that I seemed very distant. Of course I'm distant! I want to be 100 miles away from this damn building!

Take care Watersprout and I'll pop by more often on Facebook!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My last meeting. I love looking back on it because it's when I finally took a stand. It was at the end of last October. I was serving as a pioneer and a ministerial servant. I told the elders right before September that I didn't think I could pioneer with work taking up a lot of my time. I did the math and it would have been almost impossible for me to pioneer. In October, right before one meeting an elder took me aside before the meeting and asked if I could stay after to talk with two of the elders about me wanting to come off the pioneer list.

I kept thinking "How am I going to explain to them and come up with an excuse good enough to not pioneer anymore?" As the meeting wore on I thought that maybe it was a good time to start a fade. I was going to tell them I didn't want to serve as a ministerial servant anymore. That I don't think I was living up to my end of the bargain.

The meeting ended. Almost everybody had left and they took me back into the back room. I told them about my reason for not wanting to pioneer. "I'm too busy with work." Then I told them I didn't want to be a ministerial servant anymore. "I'm supposed to be an example and I don't think I'm being that great of an example. I'm supposed to be a shepherd and I'm not doing a great job of that." That's when they really tried to dig into me and find the source of my true feelings. I'm not even sure what brought it up but then I started to discuss my doubts. I musta gone on for about 45 minutes listing what I thought was wrong about the WT and the GB.

So much for fading. I took a big leap. Many of you probably understand how intimidating it is to stand up to people you've looked up to and lived your whole life with. I was very surprised I had that in me. As I walked out of the backroom, I took one look at the family of the elders I had just shocked. Gave them a smile, a wave and I walked out the door. That was the last time I ever stepped foot inside of a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

Our last meeting was the 2010 memorial. Ha. Reading all the stuff on here its such a sad arse religion.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

For me it was late 1988. I was 18 and after growing up in this mess my entire life was already more than fed up with it. I remember walking out about 30 minutes before it was over lighting a cigarette while going to my car and that was it. A few months later I was in the US Navy. :)

It has been a great 23 years since then.

Rick

• crapola
    crapola

Memorial 2009. I can never go back.

• watersprout
    watersprout

HHG I don't know of any meet ups round here. It would be good to have one though wouldn't it?? Have fun at Cantleaves party!

S77 how embarresing! Sometimes you feel like you can't escape the dubs. I do feel haunted by them sometimes. Yes i have been feeling rather abandoned by you on Facebook! Lol. *Flicks hair and walks away huffing and tutting*

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit