The last meeting you ever went to.......

by watersprout 58 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

Mine was a district convention....I hadn't been going regularly for a few months up till then,and only really went as my Mum and some friends were there. But,half way through the afternoon session I just knew I didn't belong in there.

My Mum is still a witness but she has accepted that I no longer go to meetings...and she still loves me which I'm glad of.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

An interesting tread watersprout. I enjoyed reading the experiences.

I read up some of your older threads too. Hope you are getting better.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I had been sitting at the meeting for nine months trying to get reinstated. After the Thursday meeting, the PO reprimanded me for missing a book study and told me I had to start over. I called him a pompous Pharisee, among other things, and knew there was no way my ass was ever getting reinstated. I went to the Sunday meeting thinking I would try to patch things up, but during the Watchtower study, it was a comment from a former elder who had stepped down that put me over the edge.

The paragraph was something along the lines of the Holy Spirit making intervention in the dubs' daily affairs when they "beseech Jehovah in prayer".... so this former elder, who had a family to support and no health issues other than being fat, quits his job to pioneer. After a year of being unemployed, he sits there and comments on the paragraph, telling the story of how the electric company was going to shut off his power on a particular recent Monday because of his unpaid bill... they wanted $141.70 to keep the lights on... and so he had a garage sale over the weekend and prayed to Jehovah to make it successful enough to pay the bill. So the garage sale nets $142!! The audience is oohing and ahhing eating up this putrid nonsense. I'm sitting there thinking to myself, why not keep your job and take care of your family? Can't find one? Work in Burger King if you have to. It will at least keep the lights on. Instead, you want Jehovah to do all your shit for you, and wipe your fat butt for you, and then you want Jesus to come with his grapevine sickle and hack up everyone on the planet who doesn't pray to your inept god.

That was it for me. As soon as he finished his comment, I abruptly got up (from my 3rd row seat!) and stormed out never to be seen again.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It was Jan 12 of this year. My letter of resignation as a elder was turn in weeks before that. The body of elders was waiting on the the CO visit which was at the end of Jan. I took the PO into the back room to talk to him about how they could help me with my mother who is suffering with paranoia. All I ask was the elders when talking with her to suggest she go to doctor and get help. He told me that was not the elders job because they are not doctors. I got so upset I went to my seat shaking. The song started, I looked up at the ceiling and decided this was the last time I will come here and walk out. Funny thing is the whole congregation is falling all over themselves doing things for her. ( Side note ) She will not have anything to do with me and my wife because according to her my wife went into her bank and stole her money under the nose of all the bank employees. Also my wife is having orgies in my mothers living room and asking my mother if she wants some of her man. In Dec. my mother burtally attack my wife in our car on the way home from KH. We called the police on her hoping to get her help but to no avail. In this state a person cannot get help unless they agree with it. When you have paranoia you are afraid of everything. My mother thinks I have the doctors believing me. Which they do but everybody hands are tied because she will not consent to help. I was hoping the elders would help me but all they do is enable her to continue with her looney thinking. When I say their lack of love and help I left. Totally ADD

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

Mine was a MEMORIAL about 9 years ago. I rode my CBR to the Hall, had my leather jacket, jeans and helmet on. Eyes blood shot from the couple bong hits I had taken earlier that day. I could not stop giggling from all the BS that was spewing from the front. Had a very fine sister sitting next to me...........It was a WONDERFUl time. LOL

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Memorial 3 years ago. Sat there in my shirt and tie (refused to wear a jacket) and grinned like a shit-eating possum, looking around at all the Mexicans who were so enthralled by the BS coming from the podium. (Spanish Cong in Weatherford, Texas)

Also sporting a beard.

Good one Johnny! I should have rode my Ninja up there when I owned it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I went to the REJECT Jesus Party in 2005--the time before, I attempted to attend a book study at the Kingdumb Hell that got cancelled because of a heat blackout in the back room. After the REJECT Jesus Party, I did not like Jehovah's "appreciation" for going--so I simply quit going altogether without giving anyone any notice. I bought a shredder and started shredding all my Washtowel and Asleep! rags along with Kingdumb Miseries, and that was the end of it.

The 2006 REJECT Jesus Party came without me. Instead of going, I went out and bought a Ouija board.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The last meeting I ever went to, I left after the public talk. My family had started fading and the pressure was on from the elders for shepherding and I just had enough. I wasn't going to put my family through an inquisition, so fade over. Bye.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Loz i really felt for you when reading your experience... One good thing was your friend will never join as she saw the hypocrisy straight off!

TS i used to waste time in the loo's...usually someone would walk in and we would have a chat for a bit. Whenever i had the urge to get out, it was soo strong i just used to walk. Carrot used to find me carrying our things as he knew i had done a runner.

Cheeses LOL

Nugget, Jook beard, JRK, how did we put up with the trout speech coming off the platform?? All of us deserve a medal for surviving the JW'S.

Blondie

the "sheep" being compared to a baby elephant chained to a stake who grew big enough to pull up the stake but was conditioned not to.

EH??

I have heard the corpse speech before, found it revolting and soo disrespectful to the ''unbelieving'' spouse.

Leto if you do ever go back please make sure you drink that flask in full view! The r&f wouldn't know what to do with themselves! lol

Four candles

My Mum is still a witness but she has accepted that I no longer go to meetings...and she still loves me which I'm glad of.

I'm really glad your mom hasn't disowned you... You are one of the lucky ones.

JLP i'm doing much better thank you. Going for more treatment tomorrow so will be interesting to find out how i am doing. Thank you for thinking of me.

PS I was always storming out! One of the elders told me he dreaded what mood i would be in when i walked in the kingdom hall and whether he could speak to me or not! Cheeky sod!

TADD Oh no, i really hope you can get the help your mom needs. Your wife is one strong woman to put up with those accusations. My prayers are with you.

Johnny i would have loved to have seen the r&f's faces when you walked in! Bet their faces were classic! LOL

Sooner you rebel! Lol... A beard and and no jacket!

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

WT Wizard isn't the shredding theraputic?? We burnt everything that belonged to the dubs. I even threw out my meeting and ministry clothes, shoes, bags the lot! It was great!

MS I glad you all got out. Carrot told the elders who turned up at our door to clear off and then phoned the PO to tell them to stay away.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit