The last meeting you ever went to.......

by watersprout 58 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I really can't remember, WaterSprout.

I just know that I cannot go back.

Syl

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    WT Wizard isn't the shredding theraputic?? We burnt everything that belonged to the dubs

In a rage, I threw everything into the dustbin, just after my neice phoned to say that her husband said I wasnt welcome in their house. The hypocrite had his Df'd brother round often enough.

I had a bad conscience afterwards though, imagining an experience " dustbin man finds "truth" whilst emptying trash".

Wish I'd done the same as WTWizard.

Maybe that could be the title of a new thread: " what to do with unwanted dub propaganda."

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I stopped going to the meetings at the Kingdom Hall nine years ago. I was fading at the time, but couldn't take it anymore, so my last meeting at the KH, I walked out of the door and never went back. I haven't been to the Memorial since, my conscience wouldn't let me reject Jesus the way they they do. I would go to the Assemblies to keep my JW husband company on the long drive and to keep up with the "new light". So the Special Assembly day this past weekend, was my LAST meeting EVER.....FREEDOM!!! This is why. Before that I was treated cordial by the JW's, so I'd go with my hubby. But this last assembly I was snubbed big time! I felt something was wrong, but I really didnt' take much notice(JW's can be finicky:-). But when one of my so called friends saw me, she looked at me like she's seen a ghost, wouldn't talk to me and she couldn't get away from me fast enough. I knew then I was being shunned!! As far as I know I'm not DF. Unless hubby failed to enlighten me. I wonder which one of my "sins" against the Watchtower got found out, I hope it was a good one LOL!!! So next time hubby tells me the Assembly is coming up....I'll tell him he can go by himself!!! I'm not taking that abuse!

BTW I didn't tell my JW husband about the snubbing because the less I say about the JW's the better. I try to avoid the JW's as much as possible at the Assemblies, I time it so that we get there right when it starts, leave the assembly hall to go out to lunch(that SA day went for a sandwich and I had a beer:-), I leave right when it's over, so not very much associating with them. But if he asks why I'm not going anymore, I'll tell him. If not, I'll keep my mouth shut....works best.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Snowbird i hope that one day i will forget the last meeting i ever went to. At the moment it's still very raw and i hate that.

JLP Trust me burning the books is awesome. Watching it disintegrate and going up in smoke is soo theraputic. The w&a are quite hard to burn. There is some sort of flame repellant on the pages. Carrot soon sorted that out with petrol! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Peace

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

sooner7nc- So r you a Valentino fan much? Cant wait untill him and Hayden start fighting for podiums. They have always been two of my favorite racers, and now they are back on the same team again!!! Go DUCATI!!

• cantleave
  • cantleave
    cantleave

March 2nd 2010

Assigned talk no.2, did it, left before service meeting - never attended again and will never set foot in a KH again.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Last year's Memorial was the last real public meeting my wife and I attended at our congregation's KH. My wife had only fully recognized the WT fallacy about 6-8 weeks prior to that but I'd been raising questions for 4+ years before that. (Ironically, it was a zealous comment during last year's annual blood policy review that pushed her over the edge.)

But, yeah, the Memorial ceremony was just plain ridiculous. Funny how it seems so bizarre when you don't buy into any part of the concept. I felt like we were primitive tribesmen in suits and ties. Of course, Xmas and Easter seem ridiculous, too, when I think about it, but at least Xmas is fun (for some). We won't be celebrating Easter, though.

Actually, the wife attended two days of the convention last year and I went for one day just to see old friends and family. We couldn't stomach the idea of going Sunday.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Nic;

it was just a silly game I wanted to partake in, only a 1 off though.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Kangaroo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit